Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default lexapro/zoloft/celexa/prozac

Hey All-

I am just curious if any of you have tried any of these. I have tried zoloft and after 2 weeks I had to get off of it I felt so ill. I have now been on Celexa for 3 days and I feel even worse, n* dizziness, shaky etc, I thought it was panic but I took a xanax and its not working. I don't think I am going to take it tomorrow and see what happens. I just wonder if there is anything for anxiety/depression that I can take that won't make me n*.

THanks a bunch.

Default Re: lexapro/zoloft/celexa/prozac

I was on Lexapro for gad/depression. It worked fabulously on my symptoms for depression ... BUT it made my anxiety tons worse. I also had night terrors. I never got n* with it, just make sure you EAT before taking it. I'm now on Prozac 40 mg 1 x day and it's working wonders. My anxiety is a bit better. Talk to your doctor .. there are tons of medications you can try. *hugs*

im on prozac 20mg and also working wonders. no side effects when starting either.

ive been on effexor and awful side effects when starting - nausea and dizziness the worst and also the same when i tried getting off them 3 failed attempts to get off them and managed to do so in 08.

alot of these types of drugs do cause nausea when starting and coming off. the best one for me has always been prozac. good luck.

I was on paxil for years and I am now weening myself off...I'm kinda scared cuz it worked so well but I don't feel that I need it @ this point.
    *Melissa*

I am a pharmacist, and my first concern when taking any medication is whether or not it is going to make me n*. Lexapro/Zoloft/Celexa/Prozac do not normally cause nausea. I always tell my patients to take the medications before they go to bed, so if they experience any n* they sleep right through it. Hope that helps I am on Prozac and Lexapro and do not have a problem with either.

Thanks all I really appreciate it, I was on zoloft and it made me so nauseas, I just started taking Celexa 3 days ago and I have been so nauseas it is unreal, so I didn't take it today and called my dr. Hopefully he will put me on Prozac to try. I am really nausea now to. It is so weird becasue my nauseas is so mild in the am and the night it is just awful that I take phenergan and xanax bc I start to panic as to why this happening.

Lizmazzolini- how long does the celexa take to get out of your system do you have any idea? Could I still feel side effects from it if the last dose I took was yesterday at 2pm at 10mg? Thats the other thing I was only taking half of the dose becasue my dr wanted to see if I could stomach it. This is just unreal to me, I never used to be bothered by any meds EVER...and now my body is changed so much.

THnaks.

i'm a huge prozac fan.......i call it my miracle pill.....has really helped with my anxiety and obsessive behaviours....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The medications take around 2 weeks before you will feel the positive effects of them, however you will experience side effects almost immediately if you do. I would say it will take about 4 days to get the Celexa out of your system to where you won't feel anymore side effects. Hope that helps!

i've been on prozac and zoloft, no n*, but prozac increased my seizures. you probably don't have that problem though lol.

thanks everyone, you all are so helpful, he didnt give me prozac he now gave me luvox, I am guessing that is for the ocd...He said it is in the same family as the others (SSRI), but I am scared toeven start it bc of the side effects I was having with the others...

I started cipralex a few weeks ago.. and with the great suggestion of another member I started with 2.5 mg for 1 week, then 5 mg for the following two weeks, and not I am on 7.5 mg for 1 week, and will bump up to 10 mg next week..

I was really afraid of n****.. and the doctor told me to start on 5 mg for 2 weeks, then bump up to 10 mg ...I was very concerned since I am a full-time student and cannot afford to miss any school. Also this is my very first anti-dep. ever.. however I am glad that the member told me to start very gradually.. I didn't get any n*** just some vivid dreams but now I am doing okay. I take it at night with a slice of bread and some water. I actually feel some effects already, less anxiety, a bit more energy/concentration which is great.

I am not a pharmacist.. but this gradual increase seems to be quite logical.. just need to keep track on a calendar and split your pills well..

I wish you best of luck. And I hope you feel better soon from the n***.

Glad to see your doing well steph!

On a side note- splitting the pills makes such a difference when you first start out. Im on cipralex(lexapro) i told my doctor straight away about my emetophobia, so she said this way started out very slowly i should have no side effects. Pleasntly I didnt get n*, v*, d*, anything rly, maybe a bit of dizzyness, But really nothin unmanageable. and it has helped me LOADS, i rly cant express that...Honestly, i would say MOST symptoms/side effects caused by the SSRI's are actually in our heads from being so scared about it,Anxiety really can come in many forms..start thinkin bout your stomach hurting obsessivly, and it will. Go into it calm. And persevere.
    It has made such an improvement on my life. I take it everyday with dinner, so that also helps for stomach upset.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Thnaks Stephanie and Icecicledreamz...I was taking half the dose at first...I think since I read the side effects and had a bad experience with the zoloft, that when I took the celexa it was just implanted in my head...since it is all in the same family. I would take with food and everything, and about 5 hrs later, I would get nausea, dizziness, dry mouth etc...so annoying, then the panic would set in! Thanks everyone...I still havent taken the luvox, I will do start taking it when I get home from vacation!