Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Anti-Emetic Questions

I dont think Ive ever used an anti-emetic, unless you count tums or pepto-bismol, but those I mostly use for acid reflux. Could anyone recommend an anti-emetic for me? But I am also worried that if I start using them and have them available I might start using them too much and obsess over them. Also I have trouble with big pills. So if possible could you recommend a pill no larger than an asprin or advil or even a liquid? Heh heh..Im a baby I know.

Default Re: Anti-Emetic Questions

I recently just had a 24 hour stomach bug, luckily I didn't throw up just had d* but my husband went and got me a liquid medicine called Emetrol. The box says it is for Nausea, stomach flu, and food poisoning, but I remember my mom getting it for my sister when we were little because the doctor said that would help her not throw up. I'm not sure if that counts as an anti-Emetic though. Anyways just thought I'd share

My son who always get the *SV every year gets it so bad that he always has to be brought to the hospital for an IV.. well they gave me a medicine that stops him from throwing up if it should happen again, I have 2 actually it's called "promethazine"and "ondansetron" ... I have those on hand and KNOW it works if I should EVER have any problems... I actually told the DR that I have that I suffer from emetephobia and she gave me a prescription for Promethazine and I never had to take it, but it's mind over matter, just knowing it's there makes me feel better

Ok thanks Ill look into those

The Odansetron one actually BLOCKS chemicals in the brain causing you to V* ... it works, my son took it and he stopped

promethizine is phenergan and they come in suppositores as well. that is the basic one there are also many other scripts you can ask your dr for.

Do you know if they are available in the US cause I know a lot of people on here are from Canada.