Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Never ending

Default Never ending

This fear seems to be never ending with me. Yesterday while at the hair salon I heard someone say that their child came home sick with a stomach bug and then someone else said theirs did too and then someone else said yeah I heard it is going around and its a 24-hr. bug.
    Immediately my heart starts pounding, I get a sinking feeling, almost like I feel paralyzed by this fear at that moment where I can no longer focus on what someone says to me in conversation and everything seems like doom and gloom. Like I've just heard of a death.
    So the rest of that afternoon and night I am completely consumed by this worry to where I begin experiencing anxiety symptoms such as upset stomach, headache, which only intensifies the worry thinking that I've caught it from being there at the salon where they said their kid have it.

And it seems as though after I get past Feb. or March better yet that the constant grip of fear begins letting up. When fall gets here I begin again. I'm constantly thinking is this the year I or my husband will get sick. Then I begin to feel trapped wondering how long can I keep this up, worrying about it every year. It starts to wear me down with the dreadfulness of it every year. And I know that its a fact of life and there's no getting around it, no hiding from it, its like when you were a kid and afraid of the monster being in the closet or under your bed.

Default Re: Never ending

You sound JUST like me! I think I had that 24 hour stomach bug last Friday. I had severe d* but I never threw up, I just felt like I was going to - all day After that day I have been terrified of 're-catching' the bug or getting this 'Norovirus' going around, or maybe their the same thing? Anyways, I get myself into an anxiety attack where I can't sleep and I make myself feel sick so I think I have it...it's awful. I totally understand. If you need to talk more just send me a message
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Default Re: Never ending

i am exactly the same way as you.......even if im out shopping and overhear people talking about being sick i totally go into a panic.....it ruins me for several days.........this sucks....can't wait for spring.......sunny, warm, windows open again......please hurry
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.