Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am I in the clear...been 62 hours

My son had an SV on Wed night which started at 8pm and lasted through the night. I was meticulous with cleaning, wore a face mask and kept his brother apart for 2 days. Do you think I am in the clear now? I have been so scared these last 2 days , I haven't eaten or slept and I am ready to keel over.......Luckily we have 2 toilets so I am keeping the one who had the sv in one toilet and we use the other with separate towels etc...xxxx

Default Re: Am I in the clear...been 62 hours

They just about 72 hours, but I think your in the clear but I still be cautious for alittle bit longer with washing your hands and stuff! I bet no one else gets it!

69 hours......

Im not trying to discourage u but im being honest when i say that almost everytime my daughter would get a S*V* i would almost always get it on the fifth day after she got it....I have a friend that came down with it on a Friday and she lives with her mom and her mom didnt get it until the next thursday! I would just be very careful because ur child can be contagious for up to 2 weeks....
    Make me whole again....

yes, I know you are right Tricia....I think toilet hygiene is paramount for the next 10 days. from now it can only be caught through the feacl-oral route so whenever he has a poo he must tell me and I clean everyting meticulously and ensure he washes his hands properly...he is using a separate toilet to the rest of us as well.

This is horrible , I am tottaly exhausted from it all and just wish it over...nothing else in life matters at the moment but I can't help it.....

Lisalouxxx

Make sure your son washes his hands before he touches anything that you will eat off of etc and clean the bathroom hes been using with bleach! You should be fine though. Just keep in mind it can be contagious through the stool for up to 2 weeks in rare cases.

The bleach I have used has been unbelievable....my hands are raw!!

Thank you xxxx

triciamassey,

The count of 72 hours is from the last v** and/or d*** episode. If somone got sick on Sunday, but stopped v** and/or d*** Tuesday morning, they are contagious until Friday morning. The illness takes 24-72 hours to show symptoms with emphasis at around the 36 hour mark after infected. Therefore, it is possible for someone to get ill on a Sunday and a family member to show symptoms as far out as the following Sunday. Anything beyond that would probably be from another source.

Also remember the virus can stay on surface for up to two weeks. This is why it runs through family members. Sharing surfaces is a sure way to spread it.

Stella

Been a week but I am still stressing....and he is still using separate toilets and towels and I am still cleaning and my hands are still raw!!!

Lisalouxxx