Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So thankful

Smile So thankful

Last night I made a post in the private forum about how I was on the verge of a breakdown. Well after I got off the computer my boyfriend knew something was wrong with me and started telling me he wanted to help me and just wishes I would talk to him. So he asked me if I wanted to go lay in bed and chat so we did and honestly, I just let loose. I started sobbing and I explained everything to him no matter how silly it felt to say. And he didn't judge me or make me feel dumb, he just held me and told me that we would beat this together. I felt like we were talking as if I had cancer or something! LOL but honestly, I can't tell you how thankful I am for him. He told me he wouldn't leave me and that no matter what he would stick by my side.

So today I'm looking at things with a new perspective. I now have someone who wants to help me overcome this stupid phobia and will help as much as he can. And also, I've met someone else on this site who lives close by (you know who you are! ) and I really hope that we can help each other. I felt so alone until we began talking but now it's great to know that there's something around me who knows what I'm going through so we can always rely on each other if needed. My goals for this week are to find a good therapist and go to every single one of my classes (something I haven't been able to do). I'm going to stop thinking about the SV* every second of the day (hopefully) and see what life can bring me this week!

There is hope for all of us. This site has really helped me since I found it in October of last year and I can't thank everyone enough for their encouragement and kind words, especially in the times where I had no one else to turn to!

<3
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: So thankful

sounds like a great plan......good luck!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: So thankful

You're very blessed to have someone that understands. I hope to find the same one day.