Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Successssss!

Talking Successssss!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great success the other night! I think somehow, for some reason, my phobia is starting to get a little better...at least about some things.

On Saturday night I had my boyfriend and a few of our friends over. Neither my boyfriends or I were drinking that night, but the three other guys were already drunk and one of them was passing out on my couch. His face looked pale but I wrote it off as nothing...until he sat up all of a sudden and said "I'm about to throw up." For a second I was terrified! The guy got up and ran towards the bathroom and wasn't even able to shut the door before he started v*. Usually if someone is doing that in my apartment (although it's never happened more than once or twice before) I go outside on the porch because it's a pretty small place and outside is the only place that feels far away enough to be safe.

I'll admit I reached for the doorknob and even opened the door a crack, but I caught my boyfriend's eye before I went out. He was trying not to laugh at his friend (he's one of those lucky fools who things v* is actually funny!) who was having a terrible time in the bathroom but when he saw that I was about to leave he got up and came over and gave me a big safe hug and said "Sometimes you've just got to be able to laugh at it." At that minute the guy in the bathroom let out a hilarious sounding whine of pain and I actually did start laughing! But then I did something that really surprised me but made me feel really proud: I filled up a cup of nice cold water and brought it into the bathroom where the guy was laying with his head on the toilet and I set the cup down next to him, gave him a gentle pat on the back, and shut the door on my way out for him. While I'm sure he just considered it common courtesy, you will all understand how much of a big deal it is that I was able to do that for him...especially because he's the one I feel the least close to of the three friends that were over!

Either way, the whole thing made me feel really hopeful that maybe this phobia is something I can actually overcome with time. Cheers!

Default Re: Successssss!

good for you!!!! awesome!!!!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

awesome! And that was really kind of your boyfriend to hug and say those words to you. I'm jealous though, lucky people who are not emets xP ... I understand you're proud of yourself, I would be too! ^^

Good luck~! ^__^

What a GREAT success story!!

Awesome. I can relate. I think that mine comes and goes with V*ing and drinking. A couple years ago I went to a party with a friend and my boyrfriend was driving. She got in the truck and didn't look so good. I knew it was coming. So my boyfriend had the window down for her to get some air, and I'm sitting in the middle panicking. She got out of the truck at my house and started to get sick. The guys were laughing at her and I felt so bad for her because I cry everytime I ever got sick. SO I actually pulled myself together and held her hair. It was dark out so I couldn't see anything but I can't believe I did that. I'm not sure how well I could do that now.. Hopefully I could still keep it together... Although if she had a SV, you would be sure that i would be no where in sight.
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I'm the same way, if there's any danger of it being contagious I'm outta there! I used to get really nervous about it with drinking too though but it seems to be getting so much better!!!

Good for you! you should be really proud of yourself!

Why oh why can't I be the one laughing at the sight/sound of someone v*?? Instead of sprinting out of the apartment!!!!! ??