Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New & Struggling

Hello, I just joined and am so glad to have found somewhere I can talk about this.

I've been emet since I was little, and am usually fine, I wake up thankful every day when I don't feel sick which is 95% of the time. My little boy is 4 (it's his birthday tomorrow actually) and he was sick tonight, he didn't know it was coming so no warning - all over the kitchen floor. I just stood there in shock

Managed to get him undressed and showered, and into clean pajamas. Then bleached the whole kitchen and washed the floors. He's been sick 5 times since then (started about 6pm) but much more controlled and using our 'sick bowl' which I can cope with. He's laying on the sofa under his blanket atm and is being sick roughly every 20-30 minutes.

I'm just about managing to cope (I'm a single parent and no one nearby to help) but petrified of being sick myself as sometimes happens when he gets these bugs. I can't describe the panic that washes over me when I feel sick - well, you all know what I'm describing I'm sure. It's his birthday tomorrow and party on Saturday, and I'm trying to stay upbeat and talk about those things to him to take his mind of being sick. It's so hard though when I just want to run to the bathroom and scrub myself all over and sob.

He's so brave, he amazes me. He cries a little when he's being sick, but then he's fine and just snuggles down under his blanket again until the next wave. I always feel like I'm dying when I'm sick, I've never found a coping mechanism.

I just wish someone was here to help me :'(

Default Re: New & Struggling

welcome to this forum......hopefully you will find some comfort here.......it sucks to be alone with the fear.....but ive found reading and posting in here has really helped me tons.

there always seems to be someone here to help if you need it...........

i think its awesome that you can take of your son when he's sick......no kids here.....i'm afraid i'd be out the door if i had a sick child.

i'm the same way......feeling like i'm going to die...and sometimes wishing that i would so it would stop.....never suicidal though

it's such a weird phobia but i dont feel alone anymore and not nearly as "crazy"........

good luck and happy birthday to your son.....let us know how the party goes.......you will do great!!!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi, thankyou so much for replying

He's feeling better now, but not a very good start to his birthday, he barely managed a smile all day He hasn't been sick since this morning though (so 12 hours ago) which is a good sign. I'm feeling ok too at the moment.

Yes sometimes I really just want to scream 'F it!' and just y'know... be sick. Like a normal person. I tell myself its something my body needs to do and I won't die etc, but struggle not to go into complete panic mode when its going to happen.

I really feel like this affects my life and is holding me back, I've no idea where it started.

Anyway thanks again

glad he's feeling better now.....and enjoyed the birthday party.

we all have down days and it sounds like you're having them now......this time of the year just sucks so bad.....

just come here......always someone around to listen and chat....

how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.