Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: new member

Default new member

Hi, I'm new here

Default Re: new member

Found an article about fears and phobias in a dated Ladies Home Journal in hospital waiting room today. Never heard of this phobia much less such a support group and am so thrilled to know of its exsistence and that I'm not the only one. I've had this phobia since grammar school and it carried over through shipmates having mal de mer in the Navy and today as a substance abuse counselor in alcoholism & drug crisis center and halfway house. Thank you for being here and I hope to learn a great deal from all of you.

welcome......and hopefully you will find some comfort here reading other's stories and posting your own.......it is nice to be understood......even when you post things that most people would think you were crazy for saying.....

you are sooooooo not alone in this
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome Peter, I hope you find help and reassurance from the forum as I have. Have you told anyone about feelings yet? Or do you hide them like I do? I am thinking of telling my husband about the way I feel. I worry it will make it more real. At the moment I am leading a relatively normal life.. no one would guess. However, my sister made a comment to me the other week after her daughter had been v* and she comment how calm I was after my daughter had v* (but I knew what my daughter had wasn’t catching..it wasn’t a s*v*). So maybe I am not hiding it as well as I had thought!

Sorry... now I am babbling!