Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Being Brave! Taking a Risk!

I've found it hard to step out of my comfort zone with emet recently without actually watching a film with v in it.

Well, today is a perfect chance! I have 3 day old Chinese food (which, on all accounts, should still be ok) but I never eat leftover chinese more than 2 days out. Today, I'm finishing my chicken

Just wanted to share that I'm being brave and we'll see where it takes me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Being Brave! Taking a Risk!

Wow! Good for you! However, if it does taste kind of funky please don't risk it.

What a good start! I used to be awful with V* on tv too, wouldn't even have a drink out and never went on a ride, but with little steps like that you'll start to be able to enjoy life more and though you may worry intially you'll see that it'll be ok
    I'm guilty of being innocent

It doesn't taste funny at all but I'm full so I'm stopping with half of it left. Of course now my anxiety is like "OH SNAP!" But my rational mind is thinking it's gas from my Mt Dew

Food poisoning is what, 18 hours? So I know when I can punch anxiety in the nuts and scream Suck it?

Most food poisoning is normally 1-6 hours after eating, unless it's a special form like salmonella or ecoli (which wouldn't be in the leftovers).

Good for you!

<- clicky
    I'm a recovered emet

I was a little paranoid right after, since my tummy was gassy but I think I'm good. I'll know by 5 EST then, eh?

Anyhow, my tummy feels a tiny bit off, but it feels like hunger. You know how us emets second guess everything. I'll prolly toss the rest of the chicken so I have my safetly time and eat a leftover burger

well it's after 6 here and i'm guessing you are ok.......great job!
    how i feel about emet

Yup everything is fine! I'm pretty proud. I was definitely a little nervous but, I'm ok! I'm so excited!

Thanks for the support, guys!