Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Kind of OT: When is your Nausea really bad?

Ok this is a bit weird....but I am just curious to see if anyone else is kinda like me with feelings of nausea. Typically I wake up in the morning and feel pretty good. I always eat breakfast...whether its toast, a bagel a smoothie or yogurt. I usually even eat lunch....most of the time its light....but other times I eat pizza or a burrito or whatever else I can get my hands on! BUT....I RARELY eat dinner...and if I do I make sure I dont eat past 6pm. I have noticed that I usually only get the nauseous feeling at night like when Im trying to watch tv or do my hwk or just trying to relax. Does anyone else experience this? I mean I do have days where I feel nauseous or anxious off and on all day...but for the most part....I usually get panic/anxiety/nausea only in the evening times. Its so weird!! I hate it. I wish for once I could relax and go to bed at a decent time but my anxiety and nausea always keep me awake! I am currently on Celexa which has helped immensely but I think I might need to up my dose. oh well....just a random rant =]
    "This too shall pass"

Default Re: Kind of OT: When is your Nausea really bad?

As to me I wake up and have n* for about 30 mins and after that n* depends on how much and healthy I eat. If I eat enough I usually don't have real n*, only anxiety n*. And if I eat some crap food I have real n* because my stomach is sensitive.
    But as you, my anxiety n* starts by evening.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel sickest at night too! I have no clue why. although my theory is that it's because all throughout the day I'm busy, but at home I have time to think about my fear. when I start to feel ill or get stressed I do something to take my mind off of it, like do a hard math problem or make a bracelet or talk online to someone! when you start to feel lousy, direct your attention towards something else. it helps me!

nightime for me as well...its like it hits when my brain is winding down...

I'm n* more in the mornings I think because I wake up generally feeling anxious. Then if I don't eat breakfast (or eat crap) I'll feel horrible for the whole day. I usually eat heaps at dinner or nighttime to make up for not having much during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ann32 View Post
    nightime for me as well...its like it hits when my brain is winding down...
    I NEVER give myself a chance to wind down. the fear literally invades every empty space in my head and I end up making myself feel like crap even if there's nothing wrong. I don't usually eat breakfast either... although I've never woke up with anxiety. if I make it through the night, I feel good.

when you do the nasty deed, does it usually occur in the morning, during the day, or at night? I think that plays a factor.

I do feel sicker at night. Especially if I lay in bed but do not fall asleep right away. I get more n* when I lay down and last night for example my husband was showing me tips on my new phone and we were in bed and I had eaten too much earlier and I just got so n* and started freaking out. When I was in the living room even though I was still real full I wasn't n*

When I'm not doing anything - I mean like if I'm sitting round reading or computering or doing nothing, that's when it's worse. When I'm chatting away and actively involved with stuff it's much better.
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

When I wake up I usually feel n* for about 30 minutes then it passes and I'm fine for the rest of the day til evening (like you) and my anxiety creeps up and it sucks. I always get it at night when I am trying to watch TV or write or something. I also get it if I have a job where I am around food all day, don't ask me why.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman