Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Happiness Related?

This is an odd subject but does anybody else feel that if they don't worry about V* and that if they don't watch every tiny detail all the time that they might get a SV when they least expect it?

For some reason I've connected V* with being happy? If I'm happy and having a really good time today, that means at some point something bad is going to happen to me tomorrow, such as a SV.

I know it's strange and doesn't make a lot of sense, but does anybody else understand that?

Anna.

Default Re: Happiness Related?

Makes sence to me... if the days going well... something bad has GOT to happen... but in sad times full of tragedy and stuff, it wont happen... kind of like karma... though when I'm happy, really happy, I get the feeling things will just get better and better but when I'm upset I feel doomed... so its kind of both, if that makes sence....
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's technically OCD - magical thinking and superstition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <- clicky
    I'm a recovered emet

hahaha, yeah, I feel you on that one. You know, I'm always worrying about V* and such, but sometimes when I feel really good, and everythings fine, I find myself thinking all of a sudden "Ey...somethings different.... What is it?.... Oh my God! I don't feel S* or worrying!.....omgomgomg, then something must be wrong! Maybe this is the sign somethings wrong!!"

Crazy huh? x)

So yes, I feel what you feel.

i'm kinda that way......if i feel good too many days in a row i start feeling panicky wondering "when it will happen".

i find i have the least anxiety when the rest of my life is in some kind of turmoil........like my mind is occupied with other things......

so when life is good.......emet is bad and vice versa.....make sense to anyone?
    how i feel about emet

Exactly!! Especially when I'm having a good time at a party.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

ugh everytime i am having a great day or out somewhere that i totally enjoy it is always ruined by anxiety and panic...for osme reason too, I am not even thinking about anything at that moment that could cause it...but when I am a total mess and stressed out and just a ball of crazy, i dont panic...it stinks.

Wow, I am completely the opposite. When I feel good (which sadly isn't very often) I make the most of it and when I'm extremely positive (again not too often!) I feel like I could deal with ANYTHING. It's the times where my IBS or anxiety are playing up that I feel horrible and panic like no other.

it really drives me nuts...i cant stand to have a good day hahaha becasue i alwasy worry that i am going to feel awful at some point...but lately it has been the ooposite...i have been feeling good and able to help my anxiety without meds etc...we will see though...i will bei n disney in 2 weeks and my panic for some reason heightens there lately...never has before and i have gone there my entire life...every year...so we shall see if i can put my relaxation techniques to the test.