Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Dogs???

Wink Dogs???

Okay we might be getting a dog which is like awesome anyway I know dogs get sick from time to time and I was wondering how often and can humans get it???
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Dogs???

Well... dogs can give you rabies, but not much else. Google "zoonotic diseases" if you're curious. Those are the diseases that can be transmitted to different species.

None of them make you v* though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <- clicky
    I'm a recovered emet

i've had dogs and cats ......that v quite a few times.....i don't have issues with that and have never gotten sick from them.....so enjoy
    how i feel about emet

You can't catch any vomiting-related thing from a dog. Besides, dogs are awesome! Enjoy!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

i am a vet tech...you can not get sick from animals (well stomach sick) so dont worry and enjoy...

thamks guys I was just checking xxx

I have two dogs, one who pukes fairly often. I have never caught it from him, and for some reason dog puke doesn't bother me as much as people puke. I don't LIKE to clean up after my dogs, but it doesn't cause panic either. Dogs are so great!!!

Yeah, when dogs puke, it's not even that creepy or scary because they do it quick, and they don't make the same noises as we do. And they usually go back to being goofy and happy and hungry right afterwards, so it can be inspiring. haha.

Actually I don't want you to worry too much but you can get giardia and coccidia from dogs. I don't think it is common at all but it is possible. I don't think getting "sick" is a symptom, diarrhea is though.

giardia and coccidia is very rare to get fomr dogs unless you eat their poop..dont worry and enjoy your dog!!!

Yeah I've had dogs all my life (Except now but my parents have had dogs too) and I have never gotten sick from one. I remember once when we had a dog get violently ill over a period of a few days and I was hugging her and comforting her without concern! Enjoy your doggy! They make good companions!

When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Well, I never said it was common, but it is possible.

I feed my dogs raw food. It took A LOT at first but now I am not worried. I do wash my hands and clean everything very thoroughly with white vinegar afterwards. I also don't let my boys lick me right after they eat. I don't want any germs here!

I also can handle it when my dogs get sick somehow. My cat forced me to get used to her getting sick since she used to get sick every single day like clockwork! It was nuts but it helped me. Now I can deal with my pets perfectly fine. People are a completely different story!

Yeah we had a cat named Gaby who got me used to cleaning up cat v* at first my ex did it but there was so much my ex was finally like "get over it" and I did so LoL! But dog's mouths are rather clean compared to human's, so don't worry! My old dog Sydney licked my mouth all the time and the whole time we had her I only v* once and it was from something medically wrong with me, not even a virus, so I don't think I ever got anything from a dog!

If it's an indoor/outdoor dog, they'll probably v* outside if they need too. I've had dogs my whole life (19 yo now) and I think that they only got sick inside a couple times. My cat that I have now actually v*s in his litterbox, it's like he knows I don't want to clean it up or something.

LOL How do I train Wilson to do that ;-)

I have no idea, it surpised me even! One night when he was like 3 months old he started g*ing and I'm like "Oh no!", but he just ran over to the litterbox! I guess it's a natural talent.

Wilson has only v* once and it wasn't really even v* it was spit. He walks around the house gagging all the time though, so I expect one of these days he'll cough up whatever he is choking on LoL!

I love dogs. Have two and cannot imagine living without them!
    Yes dogs do get s*, and no, you cannot catch dog germs =]

I never have an issue when my dog v*, because I know I can't get it, and it's usually never a disgusting thing...it's not like human stuff at all. The only times mine have gotten s* is because they've ate something bad as puppies! So, keep the harmful, non-dog-food things away from the puppy, and you shouldn't have any problems =]

Get the dog and enjoy -- I've had cats, dogs, frogs, lizards, ferrets etc. Never got sick from any of them (Ferrets and humans CAN share illness like colds and flu) but not dogs. In the 8 years I've had my dog he has v* only a handful of time and like almost everyone said it doesn't really bother me BUT if my husband is there I usually have him clean it up (mostly because I have LARGE dogs which means when they do v* it's usually alot -- more than my little hands can clean up or at least that's a good excuse - LOL).

Let us know what you decide and how it goes!

PS: Love the cat trick v* in the litter box. You should put that on YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by joeylynn View Post
    PS: Love the cat trick v* in the litter box. You should put that on YOUTUBE!
    Ahaha, no way. He's only done it once and I just went to the other room and let him do his thing, I'm not going to film it!!

I didn't add this part because it's SUPER GROSS and...you all might not think it's such a great trick anymore, because after he did it.....he tried to eat it. ): I guess I just wanted to hide my shame of having a cat who did something so clean and then something so horrible to follow it up, yuckyuckyuck.

What sort of dog are you gonna get! I'm all excited

And Bar, that kitty trick is awesome. Don't be ashamed of kitty trying to eat it, it's gross but it's not like you asked him to!

You may find these links helpful!

Im not too sure, I found out it might be a while which sucks because my mum and dad are busy at work and stuff... but it might be a king charles spaniel cavalier or a white labrador

I grew up on a farm and was around sick animals a lot. I have been around animals with rabies in fact. (They had to put down obviously by a vet. Then they do tests on the animals' head.) I never got sick because they were sick. They may get worms / viruses or whatever and I didn’t get sick. Just my personal experience thou, I am no expert.