Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I had one last night that my brother threw up. I've been avoiding him all day. I just need to tell somebody, for last time I did, the dream didn't come true. But most other times when I told no one, it did. So yes, ignore this post if you wish, I just had to tell someone.
    -Anna

I have the same kinds of dreams. They are usually people I don't
    know getting sick. But I have these dreams a lot. I'm glad
    I'm not the only one. Carrie

Yeah, I have them pretty often aswell, but only sometimes are they about my brother. Usually when they are about my brother, they come true.
    -Anna

So sorry about your dream! I know how scary they can be! I used to have those dreams all the time. In fact, when I was 11, I remember dreaming that I v'd, then I would wake up scared, and I thought the Sesame Street characters on my bed sheets, were v! (in my dark room)I would run out of my bed and turn the light on, only to see Cookie Monster, Ernie, Burt. Man that was scary, and it happened all of the time.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Charlotte

I also have thoose dreams, I wake up all sweaty and feel anxious and sick all day.

Last night I dreamt that my co-worker got the Norwalk and I just felt panic cos I knew I must have gotten it, I just waited for it to happen, then I woke up =).

I hate dreaming sometimes.
    eh!!

I always get those dreams too... it leaves me on edge for the whole of the day, I always dream about my brother too... weird. It's doubtful it will come true though, so don't fret about that, it's just playing on your mind a bit so you're also dreaming about it. You can't make your brother s* by dreaming about him.

Helenx

I used to get dreams like that. I get them very seldom now. We get v** dreams because we as emets it is safer to work through the fear in our dreams where it can not hurt us. I am currently in the process of walking the path to recovery. I am not cured but when I did start therapy the dreams were almost every night. It was easier for me to deal with it that way my therapist told me. The body will take care of itself when allowed to. If that makes any sense. So now even though scarey are the dreams, I almost welcome them unconsiously, then are not real because I am still not ready to let go of this fear for fear I will v***.

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~ee cummings~

Well, he was okay last night. I really hope he doesn't get sick tonight. It would make the weekend a nightmare.

I usually don't see people throw up in my dreams, just hear about it, usually. So they're not so bad until I wake up when I'm really panicking. They're much better than the dreams I have whenI wake up crying.
    -Anna

I have those dreams, too. Once I was actually the one getting sick in it, but it hasn't come true yet, knock on wood!

I sometimes have dreams about vomiting but its always strangers doing it, never anyone I know or myself. I once had a dream where I was walking down a street and loads of people were knelt down in the gutter vomiting. I don't have dreams like that very often - thank goodness! Edited by: pussinboots

Default Re: Another throw up dream...

I am new to this site. I never realized that there was a name for this. I thought I was the only one that was this afraid. It is such a relief to know that others know what it is like. I had a dream about my brother and niece a couple nights ago. I dream this stuff so often. Different people all the time but seeing it makes me start swallowing it down and trying to breathe through it in my dream and I wake up feeling like I may really do so. I never do but it causes quite a panic attack for me.

Whenever I have these dreams, I usually wake up with a stomach ache & feel sick all day. It sucks ):

I had a dream like this last night! Surprisingly I wasn't that afraid in the dream I think I was just annoyed haha

Strangely enough I dreamt I was v* several times in a dream over the weekend. I dont think Ive ever dreamt about it before so this freaked me out a bit!!

ive had these dreams pretty much weekly... i hate them!!! :'( especially if im the one getting sick in it. people say it can't be that bad since its not actually happening, but when you're dreaming you THINK its happening so it IS pretty bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have had several of those dreams. But the truth is those dreams are one step ahead to recovery. Why? Because they show you that throwing up is not all that bad. Every throw up dream I have had I ended up getting over my fear in my dream.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:

you know those falling dreams you have and if you hit the bottom your meant to die in real life? i had one like that when my sister was about to be sick and then i woke up. i've had others too, but i cant remember all of them - thankfully. i hate them. :P

The worst thing about those dreams is when in my dream I see someone do it, I feel like I'm going to, then I wake up scared because I still feel that way. I've had 2 of them in the last month and I've been feeling sick all month because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by imperfections View Post
    For some reason when I dream about it, its always myself, and it never bothers me in my dreams much, but when I wake up I flip.
    lol i wish i was the same way... i do flip when i wake up, but when i'm dreaming it really bothers me, and something always seems to be wrong with me in the dreams so that i end up not to be able to run away...
    a few nights ago i had a dream where i walked into school
    *GRAPHIC AND KIND OF GROSS*
    and i saw my friend v*ing all over the floor in the bathroom, then drinking out of the toilet with a spoon because the v*ing wore her out. then she saw me and chased me all over the school, saying, "kate, i'm sick. kate, help me, i just got sick and i need help." and i was running away saying "im scared leave me alone i cant help you leave me alone"
    then in the dream my bed was in the school and she kept running in and messing up the blankets and (i have mild ocd) i couldn't stand anything being messed up and just kept fixing it and fixing it and it bothered me soo much. then she came in and rubbed her hands all over the bed and my school counseller came in and said "i don't care if her germs are on it. go to bed." and she made me get in the germy bed.
    i dont remember what happened next but i do know that the dream ended with me feeling so misunderstood i left school to go live with dolphins... i have strange dreams oh well the dolphins made it better

I have always had these and thought
    I was the only one! I see that it happens to all of us...wow...
    In my dreams it used to be only other people, then it was sometimes others and sometimes me...
    Now it is pretty much just me in the dreams...sometimes I am scared and other times it's ok..(in the dream)
    Treat everyone you meet as if they will be dead by midnight...your life will never be the same...

Emerson

ohhhh no i just had the WORST one EVER last night
    VERY GRAPHIC + TRIGGERING
    in my dream idk why but they had me handcuffed to the toilet trying to make me eat v* omg it was the most terrifying thing sdjflasjfaklsdfjasdkl

Some people have worse dreams than me..wow

I dreamt my sister had the sv* though she doesnt live with me,my mother caught it and was sick on the stairs and well d* all over her bed.
    I worried id catch it because the dream felt so real..
    Then i woke up with a dry throat and mum came in to open my curtains,she said she was fine and her and my nephew chilled out infront of the telly,all my nephew had was a cough.

Its hard to tell reality and dreams apart...gah! just hope its not real...