Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Just Panic

Unhappy Just Panic

This is my first post, and my first time on this site. I am so relieved to find others like me because I feel crazy. I have no one else to talk to. Mostly by embarassment. It's wierd because once I feel sick, I panic, and I know panic just brings it on worse.
    My delimma is for one I'm pregnant, and I've been sick since I found out. Well this week my fear came true once again, my son woke up sick in his sleep, and it lasted from 11pm to 6am. I didn't sleep all that night because of my fear and panic. So my instant reaction is to stop eating until I feel "safe." So I know it's roughly 24-72hrs. Well then my husband got sick 3 days later. I kissed him goodbye, so then I had to start all over again. All I do is panic, I've eaten a little because I know I have to for the baby, but everytime I do I panic. I don't know what to do I'm in the 72 hr range, but not sure if I'm safe yet. Help me! Please!

Default Re: Just Panic

Have you been able to keep yourself relatively free from these germs other than the kiss from your husband? One thing I have noticed is if I don't know people are sick, my immune system does a way better job that I think it can do. So the more you worry the worse it will be for you and for your baby I would say keep your hand sanitizer handy, try to load up on some vitamin C, and keep hydrated until you feel like you are in the safe zone. I know how scary this is I've been dealing all my life and it is no fun. And, until this site I felt like a total crazy too. You are not alone and we are here to help. If you ever need to chat feel free to type away or look me up on myspace http://www.myspace.com/iheartuss69 or facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000143959184 It's always helpful to have someone to talk to.

How long has in been since your husband developed the symptoms, I do exactly the same and am now in a dangerously low weight range... You must find a certain food you feel safe with, something soft and easily digested that you can feel safe to eat.... I used to go for up to 4 days without a single thing going into my mouth because I was so terrified, now when I feel like that I eat small amounts often, like half a piece of toast every couple of hours... or apple sauce out of the jar, sometimes I make stewed apples and pears... its very soft and easy on an anxious stomach.... I had to start thinking of foods that if I did V* it wouldnt be totally terrible although I know nothing seems alright to eat when your feeling like this.. even try mashed up banana... soft and wouldn't taste bad if anything were to happen... as long as you dont touch your mouth with unclean hands you are safe!!!!! I will send some facts on the virus if you like??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one whose will is stronger than his fear.

Thank you, it's so nice to have a place to vent. My husband works out of town for a week at a time so at least he isn't around to make me more paranoid. I cleaned the best I can and I do more and more each day, but I try and limit myself because I feel if I do too much I will get sick. Before I got pregnant I was anorexic because of my fear of food. So since I've hardley eaten this week I feel some of the same feelings. Whatever I eat I dwell on it and it makes me feel bad. All week I've lived with these seabands on my wrists because I have no meds. I feel so scared and trapped in this fear. Thanks again.

welcome to the site hope that you feel better soon and are able to eat........

i just recently told my mom and my husband about my emet.......and i've had it over 50 years.......i'd rather be alone in my panic........so i know how you feel about your husband being around makes you feel paranoid......mine understands as best he can.....he knows to totally leave me alone when i'm "having a rough time".......

you must try and eat........if only a little......try some ensure drinks or other vitamin packed drinks.....i used to make milkshakes and put carnation instant breakfast powder in them.....tons of vitamins and calories......

when is your baby due???
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only person who knew about my emet was my mom and she always knew how to make me feel better. But she passed away in November. Ever since I feel alone, I just told my dad but he's not the most comforting person. My husband is a manly man and I know he wouldn't believe me and just tell me how nuts I am. My 10 year old son has it too, and feel so bad for him. So far I'm ok, I keep getting N... but I can't tell if it's pregnancy (I'm 7 months btw) or my paranoia causing it. I keep playing everything over and over in my head, and that drives me crazy. Not to mention I've been diagnosed with IBS and GERD so all those symptoms are magnified with my growing belly.

Welcome to the site! Why is it that you stop eating when you are worried about catching something from others? What would make the act of eating more dangerous then than other times? Any illness you might get isn't going to be transmitted through the food. Actually, I think eating might be really important in this situation. Your body needs nutrients to maintain a strong immune system. If you don't eat healthy, and/or eat enough, your immune system will have a harder type fighting off disease

It's just a response, I tend to have a fear of food. I feel if I have nothing in nothing can come out. I know it sounds dumb but it's how I've been.
    I've been ok all week. When I finally reached 4 days I felt good and I might have beat it. Well I messed up tonight and sent myself into great panic all over again. I forgot about my sons pjs on the porch from when he was sick. Well they got moved a couple of days ago and I threw them away. Well I cleaned everything but my porch. I set my cig down and picked it up to relight it and later I realized what was there on the porch. I'm so freaked out right now.