Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New Here

Unhappy New Here

Hi all, I'm new here and have always had a fear of people being sick. Last August we went on holiday and my son (2yrs) and my husband had very extreme vomiting bouts.
    It was so bad that and I was in such a state of panic that we had to fly home (more sickness on the way).
    Almost a year on I have not been able to get this incident out of my mind, I think about it constantly. I watch my son all the time just waiting for it to happen again and it is completely taking over my life. I find myself laying in bed at night going over the whole thing time and time again, making myself more and more panicked!!
    Can anyone give me so advice as I feel this is getting completely out of hand... thanks

Default Re: New Here

It really sounds like you have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Maybe finding someone can talk to can help you feeel better so you're not constantly thinking about it.
    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

Default Re: New Here

i believe my emet started after a horrible v incident in school when i was 8.........50 years ago....

since yours is so recent i would definitely try to find a doctor who specializes in this........for way too many years i didn't know what this was or that anybody felt the same way....so i did nothing......plus i was just a little kid.......

glad you have recognized you issues so quickly......i think you should be able to get back to your normal self.......

good luck.....and we're here if you need us
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Red face Re: New Here

Thank you both for your replies. I think you are probably right that I should seek help, and have booked a doctors appointment this morning, for Tuesday next week.
    I have thought about doing this before but felt so stupid and thought that the doctor would think I was very strange but I have to go, I realise that now!
    Thanks once again...