Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Arrow new member; random story

I'm actually really anxious right now so I decided to come on this site to help calm my nerves. plus, I feel like telling a story. it's about my brave soul and my drunk boyfriend. my boyfriend had a party at his house, and everyone drank alcohol (clearly). I drink because being drunk really makes me relaxed and worry-free and I sleep like a baby (I have never v* from being too drunk, I know my limit). anyway, my boyfriend drank too much and had previously ate an undercooked hamburger, so the two were not mixing well at all. I sat outside with him and held his hand and tried to make him feel better. but before I knew it, he began loudly v* into the bushes, while squeezing my hand tightly. I stayed there as long as I could but I could not listen to it any longer, I myself began to gag. which made me cry helplessly, then I went back inside and a normal person came to comfort him (oh it must be nice to be normal...). days later, I can still hear the exact same noises he made and I could barely sleep. it was horrible. now, I haven't v* since the third grade (I'm 19) and haven't been around anyone sick in a very long time. so this experience was very traumatizing. especially since it was someone I loved suffering, right beside me.

my question is this: have you ever dealt with a similar situation? or do you have any interesting and brave v* exposure stories to share? or just say whatever you like :]

Default Re: new member; random story

Kaitlyn, wow is a "torn" situation wanting to stand by your boyfriend; yet having to endure emetophobic torture.

As I've said before, time will fade this and hopefully it's going to fade rather quickly!

I don't have any real "exposure" stories because my phobia only applies to me myself getting sick - particularly in front of other people. I haven't been sick in many years thankfully!

Respectfully,
    David

I haven't been sick in many years either, I think it's about 12? thanks for your reply :]

Oh my god that sounds awful! That was very strong of you to stay out there with him for that long though. Does he realizes how much you went through for him when doing that?

Oh sitting with my boys as they are getting sick is torture. I love them so much and to see the fear in their face is horrible. At those moments, I would give anything to make it stop for them. You did really well by sitting with him as long as you did!
    JANNA

yes I wish I could have made it stop too :[