Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hobbies

Smile Hobbies

When Emetophobia is not troubling us, What do you like to do in your spare time? what are your hobbies?

I love music! which by the way helps me with emet because i can plug in my ear phones and drown out my mind. i also love God, writing, nature, film making & photography.

Default Re: Hobbies

i knit.......alot....i also do crossword puzzles and i have a trivia chat room where i totally have to pay attention to that.....i'm pretty good at it too distractions are the best medicine
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I perfectly agree, in fact, when I keep myself busy and do things I enjoy or am good at, I completely forget about the fear. Anytime I get a chance to think, I get all emetopobed up.

Singing and Gaming!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

drawing, photography, reading, crafts and sudoku!!

i love God, and music, I would love to learn how to knit...

I agree that keeping yourself occupied is helpful in dealing with this. I've been unemployed for over a year and all this free time sitting on the computer searching for jobs has made my emet a little bit worse. Other than that my hobbies include off roading, photography, music, camping, fishing etc...

i like go for walks listening to my ipod, horse riding, nature as well, tele is a good boredom killer and reading. all good for helping me with my phobia
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I love reading (Currently reading "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins, so far very interesting!), I LOVE LOVE playing video games especially MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Play Games ) I'm currently a big World of Warcraft nerd, I love to draw and render 3D figures on the computer, I am always listening to music unless I'm reading because then I find it distracting (lol!), and I love writing on forums especially ones having to do with political, religious, psychology topics.
    Just remember to breath....

AboveTopSecret.com is a big hobby of mine as well, it's all conspiracy theories! And Cuteoverload.com is always a blast

You may find these links helpful!