Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My Story

Default My Story

Hey everyone I'm new here & i wanna share my story.

I'm 21. I had Emetophobia all my life but it never came in the way of my life.

I never panicked, I would go out to eat all the time, I could watch ppl "lose it" & i wouldn't freak, I could see "it" and i just wouldn't get scared. I think my emet was just that i was obviously scared to V* but i never in my daily life thought about it unless i was sick which was rare.

It all changed when I went through a traumatic experience. I don't like to talk about what it was, but since then i began to get panic attacks, i couldn't leave home without a water bottle (i panic when my mouth is dry), i couldn't eat & go out or eat while i was out.

Crazy how it is right? Well its been about 3 years now and everyday for me is a road to recovery. I've gotten better. I can eat while I'm out and I rarely panic although i do panic on occasions.

I found this forum and thought I'd join to talk with fellow emets. I know there is hope for all of us. Together we can make it

Default Re: My Story

welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing........it's interesting reading how everyone's emet starts and how it affects our lives....i think each of us has something to offer in helping someone on here......

hope you get as much from here as i have
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thank you!
    yes i hope i can help others as they to me here.

I wish I'd meet someone who had to take a water bottle everywhere they go. I've been doing it for 6 years and people don't get it