Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default confused? bug or no?

okay so. my boyfriend has a really bad cold and he keeps throwing up like every day at work, but then he comes home and he eats and he's just fine. so i keep telling myself that's probably because of that post nasal drip thing that happens when you're sick combined with not eating anything all day. but i keep worrying that it's some weird stomach bug and that i'm going to get sick. and now i have muscle aches and i keep thinking oh i must be catching a stomach thing.

Default Re: confused? bug or no?

it sounds like post nasal drip to me. if he had a stomach bug food would be absolutely repulsive to him and wouldn't eat. some people are sensitive to post nasal drip. I honestly don't think you have to worry about a bug

I have aterrible cold at the moment and I'm now worrying what this post natel drip thing is,as I have never heard of it before now and I'm really worrying that i could get sick from having it.please help.

also...never heard of ANYONE ever v* before from JUST having a cold.so very curious and very worried.

I think it's probably all the mucus he's swallowing because of the cold. Sometimes I feel N* when I have a cold but it's always from the post nasal drip. Usually everyone has that when they get a cold (the post nasal drip, not the N*) so it's nothing to worry about. Some people just can't handle the way it makes their stomachs feel. I've never V* from a cold though (knock on wood).

I've never heard of anyone V* JUST from having a cold by the way. That's more of a bad flu symptom that usually only appears in children but can happen to adults if it's a VERY VERY VERY bad flu (highly uncommon).
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jadepanic View Post
    I have aterrible cold at the moment and I'm now worrying what this post natel drip thing is,as I have never heard of it before now and I'm really worrying that i could get sick from having it.please help.
    if he has post nasal drip i'm pretty sure he's mostly getting sick because he doesn't eat before work, so he's got an empty stomach all day in this hot garage type place, plus he's got all kinds of gross mucus in there lol. so don't worry about the nasal drip thing! i think it's just because it's him because he has a sensitive stomach. i was kind of thinking that already but i got paranoid and thought 'oh no, what if i get a crazy bug from him,' hence my post.