Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OMG, 2 People I Know Have Noro Right Now!!

So my mom called me this morning telling me she caught some kind of "stomach bug," well since there is no such thing as a "stomach bug" I knew right away it was Noro.

She said she was running to the bathroom v* and having diarrhea at the same time! Which is of course the symptoms for Norovirus. Then later my friend Jody posted a status on Facebook saying she had the same thing!

Ahhh! It's already starting?! I thought it at least wouldn't start until January!? Please tell me other people are freaking out just as much!?! I do the whole "wash my hands before I eat" and I try not to touch my face at all, but c"mon there's particles in the air that you can breath in and catch it that way. Ugh, and being in school full time during Fall Semester with thousands of people around you does not help, there's really no avoiding it. I just can't stand thinking about the day I'll wake up with it
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Default Re: OMG, 2 People I Know Have Noro Right Now!!

i know it is stressful, it is going around in my town too...My son came home from kindergarten yesterdya nad said eeewww mom, we were at rug timeand some girl threw up all over the rug...UGh what do you do...it sucks and im a tad bit nervous, but I have no control over it. just bc its going around doesnt mean you will get it...tr to relax...

It's been like that here (I live in a small place) for the past month. Today, someone else I know came down with it... I'm having major anxiety today and it's awful! Luckily (*knocks on wood*), we don't hang out with many people... It's awful, scary & I can't even wear my wedding ring because the skin is so raw from washing it so much. I bought that gold bond sanitizing lotion and I'm putting it on (in my own home) about 10x today since I've bought it. I'm trying to tell myself that it's going to be ok, but it's not helping. I'm trying to pray A LOT too...
    Good luck :-) It's going around... Ugh...
    Oh, and from what I've read, you can't get it through the air, only from feces and v*. So if someone doesn't wash their hands and touches something and then you tough it, put your hands in your mouth... You get the picture. I'm having a hard time because my twins are teething and their hands are constantly in their mouths... That's why we're being "isolated" at home.

I am in freak-out mode too! I guess it's normal for "us". It gets really bad when i read Facebook and everyone post that they have it ya know? But, it's true, we don't have any control over it. Sooooo ( and this took me years of telling myself this!), instead of wasting your time ( and life!) worrying about catching it, just move on and face the hurdle when you actually do. No use crying over spilt milk if the cup hasn't even toppled yet!! Best of luck =)
    Danielle =)

:/ it sucks doesn't it, if only we could control it... the best way is, to eat as healthily as possible and to avoid people with noro... I know it isn't a garantee and stuff, but it would lower your chances, enormously oh yeah, while Im here, I was wondering, is norovirus the only stomach bug??? x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OMG Kell where does your mom live b/c as you know i am in VA too and have been freaking out for weeks now but me and the kids have been good soo far!! I am soooo scared though..i hate this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kell1429 View Post
    So my mom called me this morning telling me she caught some kind of "stomach bug," well since there is no such thing as a "stomach bug" I knew right away it was Noro.

She said she was running to the bathroom v* and having diarrhea at the same time! Which is of course the symptoms for Norovirus. Then later my friend Jody posted a status on Facebook saying she had the same thing!

Ahhh! It's already starting?! I thought it at least wouldn't start until January!? Please tell me other people are freaking out just as much!?! I do the whole "wash my hands before I eat" and I try not to touch my face at all, but c"mon there's particles in the air that you can breath in and catch it that way. Ugh, and being in school full time during Fall Semester with thousands of people around you does not help, there's really no avoiding it. I just can't stand thinking about the day I'll wake up with it

Wait the stomach flu is going around?...Oh no. I'm about to freak out.

Just keep your distance and keep your hands clean and you'll be fine!

Try not to worry too much! Noro really does go around year long. The media just portrays it from here till spring as a big deal and "going around" however you can have it in summer too. Don't be too frightened by this, just remember you get through most of the year without panicking about the season, so you can get through fall and winter too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Whenever someone around me gets sick (like today, someone *graphic* v* in her locker) I take some Airborne, and eat yogurt. It really helps your digestive system become immune to things. I hope you end up OK!

I hate this so much, it is driving me crazy I wish I was in a bubble.

It sucks to hear that someone has it. I was waiting in line at the doctor at my uni today and this kid who looked like shit was standing in front of me telling receptionist how he needed an appointment and was sick. I couldn't hear the details of his symptoms (oh DAMN I was trying!) but the receptionist said "oh no, do you think you have food poisoning?" and I was like "welp, I'm gettin the ef outta here!" (in my head of course) and went into the hall until he left. And I'm pretty sure I gave him a dirty look when he left the office, poor fella !! He had two friends with him, they seemed very worried. Said he was shaking and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    I hate this so much, it is driving me crazy I wish I was in a bubble.
    I remember as a kid wishing I had a plastic bubble to hide in that would keep all viruses away.

wow it's crazy how all of this sounds just like me..but i keep tellin myself be happy and try to forget about it till you have it..very hard i know but i make myself sick just worrying about it all the time..hang in there

I don't know if this happens to you but when I am really anxious like lately because of FS then I get snippy with people and not want to be around anyone and then I feel bad later on.

I am new to this site. I have been reading through random posts, and I really can't believe how much all of this sounds just like the way I feel. I am such a mess right now. I am so afraid of fall and winter being almost here. I live in a constant state of panic. I am literally scared of everyone! I just want this to go away so bad. I am so happy that I found this site, I feel so alone in the world when it comes to this phobia. It really is a comforting feeling to know that I can talk to poeple who truly understand.

I heard that if you drink grape juice 3x per day for a couple days after being exposed you won't get the virus. It supposedly changes the pH in your intestines so the virus doesn't take hold. It's a LOT of juice to drink (24-30oz per day) but it supposedly works.

Quote Originally Posted by LordB View Post
    I heard that if you drink grape juice 3x per day for a couple days after being exposed you won't get the virus. It supposedly changes the pH in your intestines so the virus doesn't take hold. It's a LOT of juice to drink (24-30oz per day) but it supposedly works.
    Shouldn't any acidic fruit do the same? Like oranges or lemons?

How do you young kids get thru the school day when you know that sv is going around???? My 17 year old daughter has such anxiety and panic over it and any advise would be great for her. Thanks much

Kathy

Actually I head it was cranberry juice that did that. It has been found to inactivate intestinal viruses in monkeys and goats and they think it might apply to humans as well.