Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stomach ache relief?

You know? That nasty, nasty thing that comes with having IBS

I've just had 2 paracetomol and 2 Ibuprofen 20 minutes ago, so can't take anymore meds. And the nearest ASDA is quite far away, so my Dad won't drive me to get some Pepto. Does anyone know of some good relief methods? Or anything, cause I'm fretting quite a bit.

Regards,
    Stacey

Default Re: Stomach ache relief?

Ginger or Peppermint tea...Ginger candy...Ginger Ale! Anything ginger or peppermint will give you some relief. I hope you feel better.

Thanks for that, I'll try and get hold of some tomorrow.

Now...my stomach ache is in waves, I'm too afraid to go to sleep incase I v* when I wake up, and I'm tired. Maybe if I stay awake til the morning, until I feel better, then I'll be more open to the idea of sleeping.

Just taken 2 domperidone but I'm all panicky and anxious still

Apologies for the rant, it's something I need to get off my chest.

Stacey

I have a nasty stomach ache too. I'm too afraid to sleep when I'm like this. I may have to take a phenergan and that will knock me out. You won't get sick! And those painkillers should definitely kick in soon. Feel better!

Two ginger capsules usually completely get rid of any stomach ache I have. They're miracle pills!!

Hope you're feeling better!

I like to keep some kind of mint gum with me at all times. My favorite is Orbit Sweet Mint it helps ease my stomach when I get nauseas sometimes.

I'm not sure of exactly the kind of pains you are having as I do not have IBS, but occasionally I get really really bad cramps with diarrhea. What I've found to be helpful is to kneel in a shallow bath of cold water. I usually lean way down sort of like the downward dog pose in yoga, only that my knees are on the ground. The cold water helped with n*, and the positioning helped relieve a good deal of the pain. Sometimes stretching in odd positions can help you feel better.

Sorry if this doesn't apply to your situation. I hope you feel better soon!

If I have bad stomach ache I find heat helps, a hot bath or hot water bottle or heat pad.

i've never found pepto bismol to cure anything and just the smell of it makes me n.........i like things like hot tea or ginger altoids. it sounds like you've taken quite a few meds.......i know with phenergan it takes a good hour to start taking effect......so you need to give them time......

try and lay on your left side....they say that's best for digestion, etc.......or maybe a tummy massage ...rub right to left for that.......

hope you feel better........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ginger tea.

I swear by Starlite mints. Not the chewable ones though.
    Yahoo:Medical_assisting_mom1976
    AIM: USAFWIFE4LIFE
    Mommy of Two:
    Kayla-8/26/1997-01/29/2017 Rest In Peace, Sweet Girl! My Guardian Angel...
    Ethyn-10/28/2002

Also, try to remember that taking too much medication can make you feel worse.
    Yahoo:Medical_assisting_mom1976
    AIM: USAFWIFE4LIFE
    Mommy of Two:
    Kayla-8/26/1997-01/29/2017 Rest In Peace, Sweet Girl! My Guardian Angel...
    Ethyn-10/28/2002

I have IBS and find a hot water bottle pressed against my stomach gives me the best relief. I also take buscopan tablets prescribed by my doctor when the pain is really bad. Did you GP prescribe anything for you? I also have domperidone for nausea. Do you find them any good because Im not 100% sure they always work? I know somedays when the nausea is really bad no matter how many I take I still feel very nauseous!

Thanks for the replies all, just got back on the site! The doctor recommended I tried Buscopan which seems to do the trick..along with 2 paracetomol and 2 ibuprofen :/

I've found the domperidone to work with me both physically and mentally, taking something specifically anti-nausea seems to calm me down somewhat.