Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Psychiatrist/Psychologist

Today i had the worst panic attack of my life. I told my doctor i wanted to kill myself and he has referred me to a psychiatrist. I have never been to one before (but i should of because i've never been right in the head!) and i dont know how much he can help me? The doctor said it could be months before they get in touch so my mum offered to pay privatley. Has anyone got better after seeing a psychiatrist? I have been on 20mg of prozac for 2 years and thought it was helping but then i got really ill again last week and havent been able to cope... so i lost hope in prozac. But i have doubled my dose to 40mg and i have beta blockers for the panic which i think are actually helping!

Basically, can they make me better?
    Should i bother paying?

I really need some positive thinking though as i have been depressed lately because i was only ill a year ago and i got better for about 5 months and now im just as ill again... its horrible as it only used to be relapses every 3 years.. now its every few months.

Default Re: Psychiatrist/Psychologist

It's always a good idea to get private treatment from a psychologist if you can afford it.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.