Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi, my name is bri. i really don't know how i stumbled upon this place but i have a problem. well let me introduce myself first. i'm 14 years old, with a big throw up "phobia" if you would call it that. i've had this problem since i was a 2nd grader, and i would suffer from panic attacks. i've been on an anxiety/anti-depressant ever since. i really didn't know there was even a phobia of_____ with an actual name.it's very suprising. but, i'm very interested to learn more about this.

is this normal for anyone in here? my mom was____ all last night and i heard every thing. i ended up in a humongous panic attack, but now i'm so nervous to get the virus i have been getting quite neurotic about things. i wash my hands every time i pass a sink. i'm dis-infecting the telephone after shes used it. etc. and i'm worried sick. do you have any suggestions on what to do?

thanks for helping everyone.

Hi!,

My suggestion is that you go to the 'treatments' thread on this forum, and read through the information there on sticky posts at the top. It's very helpful, and you won't feel so alone or weird. After you do that, ask away with any kind of questions and we're here to help.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am new here too and I feel your pain! I am going to the treatments forums. Talk to you later!

Bri,

Did you know that not only are you normal, but emetophobia is the third most suffered phobiain the world?

Welcome.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Dont worry you are not alone. I too have had the phobia since 2nd grade. I am 26 now. I am married and have 3 kids. For me the phobia has gottin a little better but I am still terrified to throw up. I am glad you found out at your age that you arent alone. I just discoverd that now 19 years later. I am the same way. Dont feel bad for sanitizing everthing. I would do the same. I would eat lightly in case I do get it I can controll my body. Just wash your hands before you eat or touch your face or eyes. I was visiting my parents last year and my sister got sick at like midnight and I heard it all. I packed up my kids in the middle of the night and went to stay with my grandma. I had a pannic attack for about 3 days just waiting for the " bomb" to drop and my kids to get it. I felt as if I was in a war zone while I was at my moms and I was a wreck. You are not alone. I feel for you. good luck and find help while you are young. Many people have been cured! Kelly