Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I got sick on February 3rd 2001 and ever since then I have feared it. Along with that fear, I'm scared of germs, people, places, everyone. It someone is sick I'm more than paniced. I get anxiety and I can never not thing about it. It seems to go hand in hand with my fear of germs, and a semi strange eating disorder, where you dont want to eat because it might make you sick or have germs on it. Periods always seem to make me feel really ill and freak me out, and they are a monthly problem. I have problems going to school, and work, and having a social life due to my fears. I have been going to the doctors ever since I got sick. Its just anxiety, all in your head. I have been diagnosed with lactose intollerance, Irritable Bowl Syndrome, and panic disorder. My diet has changed competly. It seems not matter what I eat I feel sick and its scary. And when I don't feel sick, it worries me that it is coming on. When I eat I wonder if this is going to make me sick. I can't explain it but it is the worst thing ever to be so panic striken and you have no control. I know everything that goes in my mouth, and when. I have all sorts of differnet feeling sick stomach aches, but when it hurts and remember the pain and I know it wasnt v* sick I can relax and just feel better, but when its unknow sickness feeling I freak out. Lately I have been shaking a lot with my stomach aches and naseua. I feel hopeless.

You're not alone. Welcome to the site! I hope you can find the support it sounds like you need right now. I am afraid of all the things you listed. It's really hard to cope. One thing I might suggest is therapy. It has helped me, it may help you too. Feel free to post any questions or just vent if you need to. You are definately not alone in this at all. We're all in the same boat.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I know exactly what you mean about "all sorts of differnet feeling sick stomach aches".. I'm the same way, I always analyze how my stomach feels when it feels even a little bit abnormal. I know there are 3 or 4 different ways my stomach feels when I'm hungry, how it feels when I'm too full,and how it feels when I'm anxious. This shaking when you're nauseated also hit home with me.... if I get a bad stomach ache, after it goes away, my arms and legs shake involuntarily for at least an hour. This really scares my mom but it actually doesn't scare me.. I think it's the way for my intense feelings to leave my body. Although it doesn't scare me, I wish it didn't have to happen. Emet is no good [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img].
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

I am the same way. I have never been so conscious about what I eat until probably the past year now. I'm getting so much worse than I used to be. I calculate in my head when I would begin to feel sick after almost everything I eat. I get nervous when my stomach make a wierd sound.My legs also shakey sometimes when my stomach is not right. I hate this, I feel like a prisoner in my own body. It makes me very sad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have gotten so bad that I bring myself to all the symptoms and end up dry heaving !! I now have no idea if i am about to vomit or if its just nerves that brings to this awful dryheaving point...I am with you

yes i hear you
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

Yes, I am like that...exactly the same. I got two bugs, both in
    mid January. So I worry all the time. I too feel sick
    everyday for no reason. It effects my job and social life.
    I carry plastic bags in my purse just in case, and get anxiety every
    morning before work. And all day at work I watch the clock and
    countdown how long till I can go home. I also don't go out much,
    so I have also been diagnosed with Agoraphobia. You are not
    alone. So please don't feel hopeless, that's what we are here
    for. Welcome to the site. Carrie

I know exactly how you feel. I have gone to tons of doctors and all they found was lactose intolerance (and maybe IBS). And I know all about periods making you feel horrible. The best tip I can give you nibble on food. When my stomach gets empty when I have my period I feel so much worse. I try to nibble on toast or crackers, or sip on some soup. Having something in my stomach helps. I can also relate about the different stomach aches. There are times (like now actually) where my stomach hurts but I'm not afraid because I know it won't make me get sick. Feel free to vent because we can relate!!

Danielle