Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy please..any suggestions???

im just getting over a virus and i woke up feeling great this morning and felt confident to have breakfast. i had a banana and some fruit drink and i felt fine. yesterday i had some banana and some toast. now today i went in town with mum and my tummy started to ache again. Its been doing that off and on since the past couple of days when it was nearly over. but i've been so hungry and cravy things. my stomach still hurt before i ordered but i thought it could of been from hunger. so i ordered half a salad wrap for lunch with no cheese, but then when i sat down to eat it, there was cheese on it. but it looked and smelt so good so i thought 'the hell with it.' i was anxious while i was eating but kept telling myself i would be fine. then afterwards i have a really bad stomach ache for the past 2 hours. it kind of feels like theres too much air inside, i need to fart or go to the toilet. im stressking sooo bad because this was how the virus started. with a stomach ache that felt similar. mum said i shouldnt of eatin the cheese cause there was prob still some bug in me and that i just fed it!! im so scared and crying im so sick of feeling like shit. any suggestions anyone on what the tummy ache is? i've eatin 2 bananas and some toast since the wrap so i thought it would be safe. omg, im such an idiot!! it hurt bad walking around town but whenever i sat down it went away. i just want this to end!!!
    Last edited by emmalinda; 12-20-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Default Re: please..any suggestions???

It may just be gas. Take some gas pills and see if it goes away =) Best of luck
    Danielle =)

i've been tryin to fart though and i cant!! i just want to feel better again. im so confused with myself. i felt hungry yesterday and today, so i eat and feel sick again. i honestly dont know how to please my body. and how would so much gas get inside from ha;f a salad wrap? it wasnt much
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

You'll be okay, the cheese probably just threw your tummy off.
    Drink some ice water, sprite or ginger ale, or ginger tea if you have it.
    When that happens to me, i just relax and change positions ever few minutes, just to get the air moving. If you lay in one spot your gas will just collect, so try and lay on your sides and wiggle some loose.
    im sorry you arent feeling well and i hope this helps!

You didn't 'feed' the bug. Your tummy has been empty for a while because you have been sick. It just needs to get used to food again. It's hard because I bet you are starving! And you probably ate fast and swallowed a bunch of air and your tummy is just really sensitive from all the stress it was under from being ill!

I hope you get to feeling better! I read all your posts when you were sick.

i think this is why they say no cheese or dairy for like a week after a virus and no veggies for the same reason but you havent feed the bug. just go slow and eat what you feel like but in small amounts and slow, try to relax you shouldnt be sick again it has been a long time since the last time and sv* symtpoms like sore tummy and D* can last for up to a week or 2 i think. maybe you should try some soda water or lemonade this may help you to burp.. as for farting ( sorry for the use of the word ) try curling up in a ball for a while in the fetal position you should be ok hun just try to relax

Last time I had a bug it took me over a week afterwards to feel normal. Getting protein in your body (like chicken or shakes) will help a lot. Just take it easy, relax, and don't push yourself.

Edit: I should mention in that week I wasn't ill, I just felt off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you fancy food, you'll be okay to eat It sounds like trapped wind, my mum as crazy as it sounds is a expert at stuff like this, she had a lot of Gastric issues. Her doctor told her to run up and down the stairs and that helps to budge it all down.

Its odd I know haha, but it helps. Hope your back to normal soon xxx
    ​The best is yet to come....

First off i agree with melp, you have alot of gas in your belly from the d* and cause you have not eaten in a long time. Take some gas releif meds i swear by them. I would not drink soda or anything acidic that will irritate your stomach. When you get a sv your stomach linning gets inflamed and it takes a few days to go away. I use a heating pad on my belly when i feel like that and it helps so much.

Lol you can not "feed" a virus. Your intestine lining gets flat due to the virus's injury. It takes time for the villi to stand back up and start working again. Until that, you will have a hard time feeling "good."

But you still need to eat! Eating will surely make you feel better in the long run, so keep testing yourself and eating small amounts. This will also help push all the 'air' out.

Even though it sounds backwards - the carbonation in soda makes me feel better. It seems to make my belly more active and less tight when there is trapped air feelings. Possibly it is because now there is so much air it HAS TO do something with it instead of let it stay trapped?

Take care!
    Sincerely,
    David

you wouldnt believe it i got my period this morning. so it was cramps from that. im still concerened what to eat though. i had a fruit salad for breakfast and roast pumpkiin salad with beetroot for lunch. and i feel guilty for eating it because i had one calalmari ring with it. they tasted so good and i didnt wanna waste it. i hope i'll be ok. i've taaken a zofran just incase. (but the damn tablet broke getting it out of the foil >. and it tastes bad. i had some lollies as well. omg im so bad!! i have a doctors appointment booked the sarvo just incase i need it but im gonna cancel it. i thnk im bearly better. im just more worried about christmas because that 3 days away and i know theres gonna be loads of food and i wont be able to help myself.

You should be fine by christmas. Has anyone else caught your sv?

another friend of mine is sick. but she lives 5 hours away so could be something else. my best friend also said she saw that there was a new bug on the news going around.