Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy my emet has trippled :(

Im so stressed and scared right now. im feeling terribly n*. Dont ask me why. But i am struggling to cope with ths more than ever. i know i've posted on here before about how difficult my emet has been since i got sick, and i dont wanna have to keep bringing it up but tis gotten to the point where everyday is a struggle. i love my home and i dont wanna be here anymore. because this is where i v*. the same hot weather, the same time of day the same places i went when i was feeling like this. This is so awful. my stomachs aching i feel n* and all i can think about is when i was last sick. Im just ranting hoping venting it out will make me feel better. no luck so far I thought actually doing it would help me but its made this much worse.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Default Re: my emet has trippled :(

Em did you want to pm me your number ill give you a ring might help get your mind of it for a bit ?

it sounded like a good idea. but before i put you to all that trouble i went for a walk and went and saw my baby niece (who really took my mind off it) and it helped a lot. so much harder now. ugh..dam virus's!!! thanks though kerry. and you know if you ever need someone to chat to you can always pm ya number to me as well right?
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Em its no hassle at all if you ever need to chat just give me a ring ill pm my number to you now so you have it ok

I know how you feel

The last time I was ill, 2 years ago... I had a long period of time where my emet was actually a lot better! This time that hasn't been the case at all. I was sick on Wednesday night and by Thursday afternoon I was already back to freaking out again.

I don't really know what's different this time except maybe the fact that it was the people I trust most in my life NOT to get sick (my family who never gets sick) who ended up getting sick and giving me the bug. And the fact that no matter what I did to stay safe, it seems like nothing worked.

I hate that feeling!

Not to mention it's three days later and I still feel crappy. I can't eat normally like everyone else... I still feel queasy half the time and my stomach just constantly burns. I suspect I have an ulcer or some other underlying condition as part of this was going on before I was ill... but I just want it to go away so bad!!

it took days for the n* to go away for me and to feel normal again. and then the anxiety kicked after you got better thinkin about the next time it could happen.and your forever on guard. you think it would go away once you realise its not so bad.

I understand how actually getting sick makes your emetophobia triple up in size. It's harder to deal with then when you're healthy, because it's harder to assure yourself that you're going to be fine...
    Well, if you're actually sick, maybe try some medication (but, you must be careful on not to overdo it-!). Gravol is a wonderful thing. If you do try out Gravol, you must get the ginger, because ginger is really healthy for the stomach. My mom began to eat ginger years and years ago, and she hasn't vomited since. Wonderful thing, really. It's the most freaking bitter food in existence, but it does you a world of good.
    A non-medicated thing I would suggest is talking to a therapist or a school guidance counsiller (eh, if you're in school ^^; ) and discuss on the different techniques from getting your mind off your anxiety, if you haven't done that yet. I've been taught some really good ones, and if you want me to share them, I'd be perfectly happy to.

i used to see a phsycologist and it helped a little just by talking about and having someone inderstand. i know ginger tastes horrible :S but is very good for n*. i took 2 ginger tablets about an hour before i vomited so now i dont think its gonna work with anything. i think maybe once i realise that its rare that it would happen again then i should be fine.

What you give your attention always grows. That's why this phobia is such a curse, just like any scarecity. One lose control over the attention focus. I understand everything you describe.
    I know this is hard, but try focus everything you have on that feeling how much you love your house and all the positive memories you have in there. Let them win!

I don't know about you but I feel sick of hunger if I don't eat properly. It's distressing the stomach. Try to eat some slowly and pleasently, enjoy it, feel the joy in the stomach and relax. It takes some work but one can always create new memories. Today is the yesterday of tomorrow, everyday. You will be just fine!
    Finally understood that winter really is wonderful...

yes that is a good idea. trying to think of good memories. hunger does make me feel a bit iffy. but of course im afraid to eat now and have a full stomach. i still do anyway. im hoping it will get better and better as the days go on and i realise it prob wont happen again for a long while. i keep getting flashbacks on how i was feeling and in the bathroom. ugh, its terrible. i could be feeling fine doin something then all of a sudden it will just pop in my head, then i would start to feel so anxious. i hadnt vominted for 10 years! 10 years i escaped sv's and bugs and etc, and i could not escape it this time. i hope i get to wait another 10 years or perhaps longer before it happens again

Emma I know exactly how you feel. Several weeks ago I had a v* episode due to a panic attack (I'm prone, it doesn't happen to everyone) and I had a very rough time afterwards because I didn't want to be in the same room where it happened or alone at night. What really helped me is I switched bedrooms (it happened in my bedroom). You probably don't have that option so I would suggest rearranging some of your surroundings. Try to get away from the "norm" for awhile. It really helped me out. Oh, and I got a new job I firmly told myself to "stop being afraid" and that I can be brave...it really helped me. I pray and hope you find some peace hun....if you want to add me on FB send me a PM and I can give you my name

i stayed at my mums after i did it and wanted to go somwhere else. so t5hen of course when i went to my mums i didnt v* again so now i have this silly thought in my head it can only happen at home. but i had to strike up the courage to go home after a few days and was so afraid to use the toilet again. am slowly getting more confident, i just wanna get rid of those scenes out of my head when it happened. i will send you my name as well, i dont know if i've already added you though. im sorry you had to do that during a panic attack im sure it sucks having to have a fear of v* actual make you v*.