Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Anyone else HATE New Year's??

Hi, Just wondering if any of you feel the way I do about the whole New Years stuff. First of all, I don't drink so we usually don't go out. Sooo...on New Year's Eve, I start thinking about how many(millions?) people will "get sick" to start out the New Year. And I hate the whole looking back on the past year and looking ahead to the new year. Mostly because I wonder who will "get sick" this year, who will die that I know, etc. I also hate the month of January...it's long, freezing here in CT, dark, and in the middle of winter. So I just really hate this whole thing....anyone else??? Thanks for reading.

Default Re: Anyone else HATE New Year's??

i kind of have to agree with you...well I used to love to ring in the new year, but now i could care less, first of all bc i have to young boys so im exhausted and cant stay up that late....plus, im not that much of partier anymore, so that doesnt interest me...also, Jan and feb are my least favorite months, that is when I think the SV goes around so much...but who knows...its been attacking everyone I know since oct...

no i like new years. if you do not want to get sick do not mix or drink too much. the thing i hate right now is i prayed to god to please let my kids stay healthy through the holidays "which they did'" until today. i guess my prayer was answered although i still do not like the response.

I find I love new years and dressing up, and just having fun with friends. I disslike that new years often invoves binge drinking so I find it can be a very overwhleming day and it canmake it hard to find a safe place to celebrate. But yes looking back on a year just reminds me how I had said i would have gotten help by now.....Oh new years resolutions...

Hi Andee! I dislike New Years for many reasons: cold and dark, the drinking, and accidents. I do not drink mainly because of my religious convictions, but also because of the puking factor. I have Crohn's Disease, so drinking would only cause my condition to worsen. I understand that it can be a lonely time. My cat and dogs dislike New Years as well, though it is because of the fireworks for them.

Andi