Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question persistant stomach ache. prob girls only and tmi

i have had a dull on and off ache in my stomach for 3 days now. i have no idea whats causing it and it is making me very anxious and frustrated! when it first started i felt very n* with it. and then afterwards i found out my mum and step dad had the same thing that lasted a couple of days. mine however just wont budge. i feel hungry but then i eat and an hour later it starts up again! i am hoping its my period. i had to stop taking the pill very suddnely a couple of weeks ago and got a withdrawal bleed a few days afterwards. im not sure if i will get my period in one month or a couple of weeks since then, but its been about 2 weeks since that withdrawal bleed so hoping i am due for my 'actual' period soon. I am also a a bit constipated and hadnt gone for a couple of days, but just managed to go then and it its still aching! i am so fed up with it!!! can anyone think of any reason why it wont go away or even, get better after 3 days!!!
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Default Re: persistant stomach ache. prob girls only and tmi

this is getting ridiculous and scary!! i seriuosly wanna know wtf is going on with my body! i go for a sprint or run each day, and as i did my first quck run, when i slowed down i felt terribly sick and did this burp (tmi) that tasted like v*, so disgusting and then i was so n* and gagged and thought it was going to happen. i didnt and turned around and walked back home. slowly started to feel better. and i felt kinda hungry for a little while but this ache got a bit worse now its died off again. i am so frustrated and mad. im stil getting over the fact that i v* 4 times not a month ago with a virus, which was so mentally hard to cope with, it was terrible! and everyone around me is getting sick with all kinds of things, and now this!! i dont know if i should make a doctors appointment tomorrow. no wait, i have no money i wont be able to pay for it. i go back to work again monday. ugh..i dont know what to do! everytime i eat the pain comes back so i cant eat and not to mention i almost did it before and gagged!! omg i cant believe this is happening again!!!
    Last edited by emmalinda; 01-05-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

anyone? i am in a bad way, dont know what to do!!!

In my experience after stopping bcp for whatever reason, I don't get a period for a while. I mean like a couple of months. Sometimes longer. That was normal for me before I started taking them, though. It's possible that the changing hormones could be causing it, but it really sounds a lot like stress. You said you had a sv not too long ago, which retraumatized you.

You said you had been constipated, too. You went, but it might not have "cleared you out" if you get what I'm saying. Are you drinking lots of water? If you're dehydrated it can cause you to feel horrendous during exercise. You need to drink extra when you're stressed out, as well. I'm pretty sure you're just having an anxiety response to everyone being ill around you, but I'm not a doctor so I can't tell you for sure =/

i do drink quite a bit of water but i dont like drinking to much before i go running and there have been times in the past where i have been very thirsty and its never happened before. it was just so out of the blue! i've rulled out hormones. i never get stomach pain with my anxiety so i didnt think it was that. if it goes on for another couple of days then it would have to be anxiety. i will try drinking some more water and get onto some prunes and see how i go!! thank you for replying

I think that your stomach ache may not be anything to do with the flu! I get anxious about vomiting every day and I have literally had an ache in my stomache for a month or two at least! My psychologist said its because when you get nervous the diaphragm gets tense and tighens making everything else tighten too! So you might just be anxious like me!