as u guys know i am the BIGGEST norophobe,i was reading up on the vaccine and i thought id share with u guys what i rea.ill copy and paste the most important stuff.hope everyone is well.peace and love guys.

Three weeks after the second dose, the volunteers were admitted to a nursing unit and given a drink containing live norovirus. They were kept in the unit at least 4 days and afterward were monitored with clinical assessments and stool sampling, the company said.
The vaccine was found to have 47% efficacy (P=.006) against any norovirus illness, including mild illness, and 26% efficacy (P=.046) against infection, the firm reported. In the 77 volunteers who fully completed the trial, vaccination decreased the incidence of illness from 69% to 37% and the incidence of infection from 82% to 61%. The severity of illness was also reduced significantly in the vaccinees (P=.011), officials said.
.Beeman, commenting on the efficacy findings, said that in further trials, "We're sure going to try to optimize things that way. We look at the results and recall the early results of rotavirus vaccine trials, and we believe we're in the same ballpark as the early studies of rotavirus vaccine. We need to show good efficacy in preventing severe disease, which is very similar to what you see in rotavirus vaccine for kids."
He said the study includes an assessment of viral shedding, but "we weren't [statistically] powered to get a whole lot of information there. But we'll play close attention in future trials." He noted that data on the degree of viral shedding by individuals are not yet available.
Hedberg said another question concerning any norovirus vaccine is how long the immunity would last. It's not clear that even natural infection confers long-term immunity, he explained. Since the vaccine uses VLPs rather than an intact norovirus, it would probably have to be given annually, like flu vaccines, he said.
"This would be required both because of limited immunity and the variability in norovirus antigenicity that occurs naturally," Hedberg said. "I don't think an annual norovirus shot would be as acceptable as an annual flu shot," since norovirus infection is not as serious an illness as flu.
Concerning duration of immunity, Beeman commented, "Our plan is try and design a vaccine that would give multiple years of protection." He said that noroviruses do evolve and change, but they don't seem to show the same level of "shift and drift" as flu viruses do.
"It looks to us that there's a promise of vaccine lasting more than" a year, he said. "We'll have to wait and see how the trials go and see if we're able to protect against new strains as time goes on.
The company has developed VLPs for group I and II (GI and GII) norovirus strains, Beeman said. The intranasal vaccine used in the phase 1/2 trial targeted just one strain, but the intramuscular vaccine targets both, he reported. The two strains together account for about 80% to 90% of norovirus cases, he said.