Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Had a call this morning from one of the mums at my daughters school asking if my partner could pick up her son on the way to school wiv my daughter, so I got in from work tonight to be told by my partner that 1 of her kids had diarrhea and 1 was vomiting and then he said he got to the school gates and her son said he didnt feel too good and then vomited all over the path, my 2 daughters were wiv him at the time and my eldest plays wiv him at school all the time, so now im panicking, thinking how long is it before they catch this sick bug thats going round cos apparently its really highly contagious.

If id known that her kids were vomiting i wouldn't have let him go get her son, it'll probably whip round her class like wildfire now!!

of course you wouldn't have let your kids be around him...oh that's awful...she definitely should've told you the circumstances

no your kids dont have to get it! remind them to wash their hands, stay as optimistic as possible! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

Thanx

The eldest is at my mums for the weekend so if shes unwell my mum will deal wiv her ( that sounds really awful) so i only have to worry about the little one!!

My partner is getting mad at me cos i keep mentioning it and he says just worry if it happens, he doesnt understandthat its just not that simple. If only!!!!!

yes if only it were that simple damn it
    unfortunately we're emets so in our minds we're always on the verge of the dreaded happening! i wish ppl understood us better

i understand your relief about your youngest being with your mother, dont feel bad we can't help it!

i think you dont have to worry about it
    but yes to repeat the main point other parents are sooooo annoying! lol
    take care -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

What is friggen wrong with those other parents???? They should have told you what the situation was. Not even non-emets want to deal with a kid v*ing in the car. How RUDE.

Don't feel bad about wanting your mom to take care of your daughter if she gets sick. We would all feel that way.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

That is unbelievably RUDE - even if you were not an emet. At the very least, she has risked exposing your kids, which means lost sleep and missed work for you and your partner. As an emet, this is my worst nightmare. I think I would have serious words with this mother.

On a positive note, every time my kids have been right next to the kid that v'd (and I've been SURE they were going to catch it), they have NOT got it. It's a little superstitious, I know, but at least you know that being close to the v* does not automatically mean your kids will catch it. Best of luck!!

I would be VERY upset, too. All of my friends know about my phobia, I'm not shy about it, so none of them would do that to me, I just can't believe you didn't get any warning!! And I know how you feel, I am playing the waiting game with my kids, hoping more than I have ever hoped for anything that they don't catch this projectile v'ing virus that is going around!