Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Diarrhea--help!

I've got a 100-degreefever and a misplaced appetite...Last night I had the slighest touch of diarrhea, this morning I had a more severe bout,but I haven't had it since. My abdomen feels a bit weird. I wouldn't say it hurts, though--it just feels kind of tender and gassy. Needless to say, I'm terrified. I haven't v*ed since I was three years old--and desperately want to keep it that way--so I don't know what genuine nausea feels like.

I've heard that v* is typically the first sign of a stomach flu, with diarrhea to follow. Since I've had diarrhea but not v*ed, do you think the worst is over? Will I v*?

I started taking Zoloft about four days ago, and I hope to God these aren't side effects, especially since I'm supposed to double the dosage tonight.

I need a pep talk...

Hey there thanxs for the reply in the other "zoloft" post. I think you might have a bug. The only times that I have been really sick, that I have v* the diarhea came after I v*. I wouldnt worry. Your tummy prolly feels upset because you have diarhea. I would just rest up and relax. On the little pamphlet the pharmacist gave me for zoloft, the side effects does say nausea but no v*. So I dont think its from the meds.

hey there dont panic
    we all feel a little off from time to time...could've been anything you ate...i mean if you were getting the flu you'd feel other things..like a little faint maybe..i am in your same position..have no idea what it would feel like if the stomach flu came along, b/c it's been so long since i had it. your symptoms seem quite normal however. maybe sometime yesterday during hte day you ate something with a little extra fiber than usual. tha'ts quite possible.
    dont panic [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

let me know if this helps, and how you're feeling, i'll say a prayer for you
    -megan
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I had a slight bout of diarrhea this morning as well, I know what you're going through, I was really panicking after all of the stomach virus insanity that has hit my familiy and friends, but it went away, I am sure you will be fine, too!

It sounds like you could have a touch of food poisoning. I would doubta bug would be that way, especially since no one in your family is sick. Think back if you ate any meat, or anything unusual in the past couple days. It could even be as simple as a food allergy to something.

Juliet, I'm going through the same thing you are, hon. I wish I had
    some answers, but I'm so panicked right now that the worst possible
    scenarios are going through my head. Just know that you have people
    here who care about you, including me. If you need someone to talk to.
    Last edited by uidactinide; 10-02-2011 at 02:50 AM.

How are you feeling now?

Try sipping on some gingerale/sprite, taking a warm bath, ect.

Take care.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

How are you doing now? Better I hope!! If it was a bug, it sounds like a pretty light one. Is it maybe IBS?? I know that can make you n*, and get the better of you sometimes! Hope you are feeling better!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Thanks, all!

Thank God I haven't v*ed yet. The fever's gone, I haven't had any diarrhea since yesterday morning--it's about 8:00 PM right now, so I guess the worst is over. But my stomach started hurting again a couple of hours ago, just below my right rib cage. I'm not sure if that's wherev*-related stomach pain is.

Now I'm scared all over again...Edited by: juliet

Your stomach isn't on your right, it is on your left, so I would say that maybe you pulled a muscle or have some intestinal gas?? Don't worry yourself...you would have v'd by now! Take care, Charlotte[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Spring is here!

Typo...it's my left side that hurts, although the pain occasionally seems to "migrate" downward or to the right side of my rib cage. It's a crampy, gassy sort of pain, and I'm not sure I'd call it queasiness (even though chances are I wouldn't know queasiness if I felt it). A friend of mine who is very prone to v* once told me that v* pain is in the middle of the diaphragm area. This must (and I do mean must) be an intestinal condition.

But I still haven't v*ed! Like you said, Charlotte, it's probably too late for that. And, surprisingly, I haven't felta single wave of true panic today. The Zoloft must be kicking in. Let's just hope I make it through the night...

That is great that you haven't been panicking! That is a true step! Everyone v's with different sensations, and I have never personally felt the pain in my middle diaphram area...I usually just feel nauseated if I am gonna v.

Sounds like you have gas...at this very moment, I am feeling the pain, and it is radiating from one side to the other...then I fart! LOL!!! You will make it through the night!!! Keep us posted! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Spring is here!

If you have diarrhea it doesn't mean that you have the flu, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Its just waste coming out that doesn'tneed to be in there. In a week if I didn't have a bout of it, that would be abnormal for me. I think you will be fine, have a good sleep, hope you feel well in the morning'

How are you feeling now? Any better?

Sometimes people just get bouts of if and are never sure why. Could be some type of bug (everyone remember this, not all bugs lead to v'!) I don't fear that at all, actually I like to think that it's leaving so there will be nothing to come up, that sounds crazy but that's just my twisted logic I guess.

I slept very well last night, although I've been feeling kind of on and off throughout the day. I had a little scare in church this morning--I had thisv*-like taste in my mouth (I don't remember how it feels, yet I remember exactly how it tastes...go figure...), my stomach didn't feel right and I kept coughing up phlegm, thinking it was v*, so I had to go to the bathroom and tremblethe feelingoff (there were other people in the bathroom--I had an audience [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]).

My appetite hasn't fully come back yet, and I keep getting these irritating spasms in my upper abdomen. It's similar to the crampy feeling you getwhen you've been bending over for a long time. I'm going to the doctor sometime this week to talk about the Zoloft, so I'll definitely mention all this to him. I suspect it's either IBS or PMS--I'm "due" anytime now.