Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ROOMMATE SICK

omg omg

this is f*cking awful
    my roomate here at school is sick..she didn't move in yesterday b/c of it but she is moving in tonight..she is going to still be contagioius when she gets here and she's going to give it to all the girls we share a bathroom with..

i am so scared...i am giong to be a nervous wreck all week..I can't afford for this to happen, I am actually stepping out of my comfort zone this weekend and taking part in a theatre production..i can't be worrying about this all week [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    this is absolutely awful [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

reassurance and directions to not get it please!!!
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

Oh no...

Hopefully she's a hand washer. That would help if she were. Does she know about your phobia? That would also help if she did. I guess if I were in the situation, I would be wiping everything down for the next couple of days with those chlorox wipes, and spraying lysol. You need to remember to not touch your face, wash your hands, don't share anything with her.... I'm sorry I don't have any new, good advice.

Let us know how things go!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

hey maybe she was sick for some other reason, maybe she ate something bad

okay get this
    so now three other people who live in my cube are sick
    i haven't been staying here i've been staying in a different dorm with my sister, and only coming back here for stuff i need

i am totally stepping out of my comfort zone this weekend
    tomorrow night i am in a play here at my school i am so nervous and have been all week
    what if i catch the flu everyone has and throw up on stage in front of everybody...i'm F*CKING freaking out...please help just reassurance and encouragement PLEASE
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Awwwwww, you will be fine! That is terrible about all of the sicknesses. Are you sure it is/was the stomach flu??

First, you must remember, to keep your hands washed and away from your face...lysol everything if you have to also. I know how scared you must be! You won't be sick tomorrow night. That would be way too soon after exposure to the virus, but you still aren't sure your roomate is sick still, or if was even the stomach bug. If it was, you should just use your precautions, and be careful around her and anyone else that was sick for that matter!

Maybe talk to your roomate about your phobia too...maybe she will help you understand her illness, and stay away from you and your stuff. Don't worry too much...it is unlikely you will get it...even if she is still contagious. Take care, and try and relax! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

thanks so much.....i'm just so nervous...if i wasn't in this play tonight i wouldn't be that bad..you know..if i could just stay in my comfort zone with my comfort foods and watch t.v. all weekend...but i have to get up on stage in front of people...i'm so scared i'm gonna throw up or pass out on stage...all i ask is that everyone please promise to say a prayer for me i would be so thankful [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    thank you
    -megan
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Bethany

I promise to say a prayer for you.

God Bless

Susie P