Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: run down.

i'm afraid of getting 'run down'. you know...where you do too much, don't get enough sleep, don't care of yourself. i'm trying really hard to take good care of myself, eat healthy...but then i sometimes go out...and my friends/boyfriend like to stay out late....so at least once a week i end up out till 4/5 am...i know i could stop this..but last night was my staff party (i had mentioned it here before) and i didn't get nearly enough sleep...now i look all pale and sick looking, i'm just soo tired now.

i'm worried that i'm making myself more accesible to bugs going around and such.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

awwww dont worry about it. Its ok to stay out late sometimes, why dont you get a nice early night tonight? if you try to eat right and take some vitamins (zinc is very good for anxiety, dont ask me why, i read it in a psych book but cant remember now) you will be fine.

thanks hun. i need reassurance.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Yes, try to get to sleep a bit early tonight. I know what it feels like being completely run down. Last year I hardly ever got to sleep before about 3:30am. At school I would be awake and all, but completely out of it. I have no idea how I managed to stay on honor roll and pass exams...

I hope you'll feel better soon!
    -Anna

i know how you feel, because i feel it at the moment too. i had a tough weekend at work and i cant sit comfortable, my whole body aches and i feel drained. but i know that once i get some sleep i will feel better. I have this pillow spray my mum bought me. Its a radox one and its lavendar and camomile. its some sort of aromatherapy and its very relaxing and helps you to sleep. maybe you can find something similar? or put fresh sheets on your bed and snuggle up. is there anything better than the feeling of a nice clean bed? lol just try to get a good nights sleep and you will feel as good as new!

I think as long as you take your vitamins, eat right and get enough sleep most nights of the week, you'll be ok. Just don't make the staying out late a nightly thing, which I'm sure you don't.... I used to just panic all the time when my husband was in college. He went to architecture school and they would pull all-nighters all the time. I was so afraid that he would get run down. So I know what you mean. Get a good night sleep tonight!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11