Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: daughter sick, can I prevent the rest of us from getting it?

I understand what you are going through. I have 6 children, three of them have fallen ill over the past 7 days, I am so scared of the others getting it, I have not eaten or slept for a week, I wonder if my body could go another. My heart is contantly jumping out of my chest, I have had start putting the V' bed sheets in the bin as the laundry is full to the brim with clothes and towels that have been soiled. My boys brought it home from schol, they have never had this before, I don't know if I can cope for much longer. But I think the adrenalin is keeping me going. I am sorry I can't help you, all I can see is that I know what you are going through. I am even scared to send them back to school, what if they catch something like this again. I think I will run.

If your daughter is feeling hungry, just make her some dry toast or give her crackers. An empty stomach could make her feel worse. Being hungry is a good sign, just start with light foods (bananas, rice, ect). Don't not allow her to eat though, thats not good. And maybe sipping ginger ale or some pedialite will help her as well.

Just keep everything clean and make sure your hands are washed and away from your mouth and face and you should be in the clear.
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i have 4 kids and when one gets it usaly only that one gets it and ill tell u how i do that to some this may seem exstream but i do have a phobia of v but when that one child is sick they have to stay in there room keep in mind that child has a tv n toys in there room we have 2bathrooms n the sick one uses the sick bathroom and we use the other the child in the room cant come out untill v and d stop and then i lysol bomb the room bleach bed sheets and bleach and lysol the sick room i also wash my hands often and use latex gloves to clean the sick bathroom and bed room.my kids r 16,12,9 and 3 and this worked everytime one got sick never failed hope this helps