Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy daughter sick, can I prevent the rest of us from getting it?

my 6 year old was up most of the night, but I convinced myself she was fine and it was a result of gas/anxiety/jealousy (her 10 yo sister is sick). this morning, she finally succumbed and threw up.

I have been scouring the house ever since. I made her stay in her room all morning. Her sister has either a really bad cold or influenza B (which apparently was not part of the vaccine. Grr.) Her sister has been on the couch. I am exhausted, having been up most of the night, and from single parenting 2 sick kids. I have eaten 1 cracker today. I don't know how long I can continue this way.

She was exposed to her BFF on Thursday (wish mom hadn't sent her to school - the kids said she didn't feel well), so I figure that's where this came from. but she didn't get sick for 3 days. that means I have at least 3 days to be on alert for the rest of us.

I have been doing laundry most of the morning. I took of my bedsheets and just changed her bed. Her things are in the wash now, while she is in the tub. She feels fine, and is even hungry. Not that I'm letting her eat.

My anxiety is somewhat under control, mainly because it has to be. Their dad is out of town until later so it is just me. Almost glad he isn't here, as that is one less person to worry about getting sick. Of course, I am worried that he could have contracted whatever this is before he left.

Irrationality is so miserable! Hard to live a life that friends and family don't understand. I deal with so many other things, pisses me off that I have this, too. And then to have so few that "get it". Ugh.

Default Re: daughter sick, can I prevent the rest of us from getting it?

Oh dear, i feel for you, i think the best thing you can do is wash everything up, and make sure people wash their hands before they eat and after they use the bathroom, and if you really want to make sure try making some sort of bleach solution and spray the things that could be risky, wash cups, cutlery etc and wash most things your daughter touches for about 2-3 days, mainly cups and cutlery, then you should be fine.
    i know it sounds like a lot to do but that's the problem with noro :-/
    good luck!
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

I understand what you are going through. I have 6 children, three of them have fallen ill over the past 7 days, I am so scared of the others getting it, I have not eaten or slept for a week, I wonder if my body could go another. My heart is contantly jumping out of my chest, I have had start putting the V' bed sheets in the bin as the laundry is full to the brim with clothes and towels that have been soiled. My boys brought it home from schol, they have never had this before, I don't know if I can cope for much longer. But I think the adrenalin is keeping me going. I am sorry I can't help you, all I can see is that I know what you are going through. I am even scared to send them back to school, what if they catch something like this again. I think I will run.

If your daughter is feeling hungry, just make her some dry toast or give her crackers. An empty stomach could make her feel worse. Being hungry is a good sign, just start with light foods (bananas, rice, ect). Don't not allow her to eat though, thats not good. And maybe sipping ginger ale or some pedialite will help her as well.

Just keep everything clean and make sure your hands are washed and away from your mouth and face and you should be in the clear.
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i have 4 kids and when one gets it usaly only that one gets it and ill tell u how i do that to some this may seem exstream but i do have a phobia of v but when that one child is sick they have to stay in there room keep in mind that child has a tv n toys in there room we have 2bathrooms n the sick one uses the sick bathroom and we use the other the child in the room cant come out untill v and d stop and then i lysol bomb the room bleach bed sheets and bleach and lysol the sick room i also wash my hands often and use latex gloves to clean the sick bathroom and bed room.my kids r 16,12,9 and 3 and this worked everytime one got sick never failed hope this helps

Are you sure she doesn't have the influenza virus her sister has? Some kiddos will v* with influenza....has she gotten sick any more?

Did anyone else get it??

Considering that the original post was almost a month ago now, my feeling is that no one else must have gotten it.... or I think we probably would have seen additional posts(?).