Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all, I have been around but just not posting as much, I am feeling really icky and yesterday my mind totally over powered me and I was convinced I had a bug, its was soo bad.. Me and Dear husband had a heart to heart and we think alot of my problem is Post Partum depression, I read up on the symptoms, and my picture could have been right there. I am thinking of getting onMeds, but reallydo not want anything Habit forming,and easy to wheen offof.. I am so uncertian, with how I Feel,one momentI am ok, thenthe next I am just soo depressed, and sad. Then I start to think about all the other events were I was sick, and compare tonow, and seeif there are any similarties, its CRAZY.. Ihave Xanax,but am scared to start it, becauseI was told that it is Habit forming.. and the first time I took one, I was sooo asleep. It freaked me out, I have a 10 month old, and can not be that out of it... Has anyone else took this, and how did it affect you?

Christy

If you go on meds you don't have to stay on them forever, just enough to get your natural brain chemicals back up to the normal level. I don't have Xanax, but I have ativan. I take it daily as needed, and it doesn't zonk me out. I also am on an antidepressant, Celexa. It helps great for depression. I hope you talk to your doctor, because there is help out there for that.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hi, I know exactly what you are going thru. I also have a 10 month old. I had PPD with all 3 of my kids and it got so bad with the third I thought my hubby was going to have me committed. I have tried antidepressants but they were not working. I tried Ativan, Valium, and now I also have Xanax. It knocked me out also the first time I tried it. I t is habit forming but it is a safe drug, so my dr. says so. Is this your first child? It does get better in time, you may want to try an antidepressant because if that is what you need your body will know it and you will feel much better. And if it makes you feel better to take the Xanax only when you really need it, then do so, its supposed to work in like 10 minute to take the edge off of anxiety. My doctor wants me to take mood stabilizers, cause thats what he thinks I REALLY need, but I am terrified of the side effects especially the weight gain because I have an issuse with food and body image, etc. Do you think that maybe your emet is taking over making it impossible to function? Could be, it also sounds like you have a very loving and supportive hubby. Take care and try to relax and think of good thoughts!!!

Thank you so much guys, I have an appt with a new Primary Doc Feb 11, 2005