Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thinking about Donna's trouble trying to find jeans for her
    daughter....Have you all had trouble trying to find jeans that aren't
    so low rise you're embarrased to bend over? That don't even cover
    your underwear??? [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I was
    looking for a bootcut pair of jeans that covered my butt, and I must've
    tried on 20 pairs without finding any! I ended up at Gap Kids and
    bought 2 pairs of sz. 12 flares so I wouldn't have to go thru that
    again. Any one have any suggestions about jeans that fit and
    aren't too low in the rear? I like dark wash with stretch [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Lara

Gap and JC Penney's would be my guess!! I know that when i worked at Penney's (a long, long time ago) Arizona made normal jeans, and I would wear them and be made fun of by my sisters!

Well Donna... I didn't know you were a member of the Penney's family! Oh the stories we could tell right???

I do agree, though I must say I absolutely hate working there 90% of the time, I actually love the Arizona brand stuff. People don't know this and we'll keep it on the downlow here (hehe) but Arizona jeans are actually a branch off the Levis company... so they're acutally about as good quality as Levis are for a small fraction of the price! Now don't say I told you that!!!

I buy arizona jeans from penney'sor express jeans from express and I love them. I do have a couple pair that are lowrise for certain occasions *wink* but when I wear jeans to work I just wear the regular fit boot cut arizonas and I can actually bend over without flashing the world! Lol

If you decide to try Penney's, just keep an eye on the ads... we have a "Super Saturday One Day Only Sale" nearly every single week... so you're about gauranteed to get a good deal )

hope that helps!!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Lol, I always laugh at the JC Penneys commercials whenever they're like, "Saturday, one day only sale!". LOL, it's like every Saturday! Well, I love the low rise jeans, because they make my torso look longer, I think. I'm kind of short, only 5'1". Plus, I can't stand having anything over or on my bellybutton. That's pretty much all I wear is low rise jeans, but I also wear low rise thongs too, (no granny panties for me), so that you can't see my underwear when I sit down or bend over. I love them.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yup... it's all inside!

I also love our "Lowest Prices of the Season" sales when half the time the prices were lower the week before. And then there's those "Buy one, get one for a dollar" sales. I can't tell you how many people have told me that it's the "best deal!" and they love it. I feel like saying "Um... the were 50% off yesterday... do the math"... but I digress *wink*

I'm a fan of the low rise jeans too... just because I like them on my hips rather than above them like you. The one thing I can't stand is that you can't hardly find shirts anymore that actually cover your stomach. They are all shorter so that your tummy shows and while I like them to where out and about it's a pain in the hind end when you need to find something for work.
    I'm not sure if any of you other United Staters have Learners (Aka; New York &amp; Company) where you live.. but they've also got some really nice, classy clothes, a little more expensive, but definitely good quality.

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I personally, really like Penny's. I too, used to work there. (A long, long time ago.) I recently bought some St. John's Bay jeans, (from Penny's) and I LOVE them. The aren't the low rise stuff, which I couldnt wear right now even if I wanted too!! The Arizona jeans are nice too, I just bought my youngest daughter some of them a few weeks ago. The Arizona brand used to be all that would fit my oldest daughter. New York and Co. is pretty cool too. One of my best friends was having trouble finding her some jeans and she ended up finding just what she wanted at NY&Co.

Good luck on YOUR search for you jeans!!Edited by: jennyleigh1975

I tend to have luck with Old Navy...but expect to be in the dressing room forever!!! You can grab 4 different pairs of jeans in the same style and size and they will all fit different. Little secret about Old Navy...they are owned by the same company that owns the Gap, and its kind of an outlet store for irregular jeans. Their low-rise aren't tushy bearing, the ultra low rise...FORGET IT, bend over once and it's "plumber's butt" heaven....

Jeans are the worst item of clothes a person can buy.

Course I am now starting to realize my age is becoming the hardest part. I will be 30 in April, but the kicker is I look younger...yet I try on the "trendy" fashions that make me look like some twisted "Britney/Christina" clone, look at myself in the mirror and the little voice in my head goes, "And just who in the HELL do you think your kidding?"

I am not looking forward to this birthday....not in the least. Getting old....well it just sucks.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

i don't know how your system works because im in the UK, but i am a nightmare to buy jeans for.
    for a start, i don't havea waist..and when i find a pair of jeans with a comfortable waist, they either swamp me or look like jimbobs.
    I never ever wear boots, because im a scruffy trainers type of person..so i have to buy stuff with atleast a slight flare...if they don't flare at the bottom, i look ridiculous.
    the stupid thing is, jeans are so popular..yet we can never find the ideal pair.
    it annoys me the way certain brands only cater for really really long legs and tiny waists.. the vastmajority of people wouldn'tconsider trying that type of stuff on.
    suppose that leaks into thewhole "stereotyping" subject.. but jeans- are a nightmare.

abbey, I will be thirty soon too. So I know how you feel about getting older. My b-day is in May, what about you?

Hey--I too have success with Old Navy. They have a style called "Just below waist" that is also bootcut. They do not go low at all. I wear these all the time to work (I am a preschool teacher) and have to interact alot with the parents--so, I don't feel exposed at all in these. Eddie Bauer makes some nice bootcut jeans as well. You can order them on-line at EddieBauer.com. A little more pricey but well made and not low at all. Jen

JennyLeigh....

Mine's in April. April Fool's Day to be exact...no joke

I love JCPenney! We used to have one here and it closed about 5 years ago. So, now I have to drive about 30 miles to find one! I really like the Arizona brand, as well. I really like the low rise jeans, but as someone said above, you must wear low rise underwear as well. Old Navy is a great place to find jeans! I've never had much luck at GAP for jeans. I get a lot of my work clothes there, though. My personal favorite brand is L.E.I. They just seem to fit my body the best and they're pretty easy to find. Around here, they have them at Belk, Goody's, and several other trendy stores.

abbey, what a hoot that you are an April Fools baby!! Although turning thirty is no laughing matter. Wonder how we will feel 10 yrs from now? My b-day is May 13.

I guess I am a little lucky at the moment, I have to wear maternity jeans. . . they go up to your chest!!!

Jenny...

Thanks for giggling at my mother's inability to convince a doctor not to induce for ONE MORE DAY....or her inability to hang on for 4 more hours ( I was born at like 8pm) I mock my mother for this constantly, then she reminds me I weighed 10lbs 8oz at birth and then I just feel sorry I put here through that.

Donna...

one of my friend's is currently pregnant too, she swears she will never go back to regular pants again. She enjoys the elastic panel a bit too much I fear.

I think Jazz put it best....EVERYONE wears jeans, why is is so damn hard to find a decent pair? Clothes shopping I don't mind, but jeans shopping I liken to big game hunting, you take in about 8 pairs of jeans into a dressing room and it seems like (well if your me....short legs, long torso and only 5'3" to boot) your luck if one or two pairs even fit right.

Seriously though....Old Navy and sadly enough...Wal-Mart sells Levi's now, and they have a strechy, slightly low waist, boot cut that is pretty good, and only about $20 bucks, so you can't beat it.

I own NO jeans.

Well, okay, I own one pair, but they're supposed to be a size 10 and
    are actually smaller than a size 4. They're getting sold or donated.

I don't know what is up with my body shape, but EVERY pair of pants I
    own shows my crack when I sit down. EVERY pair. I don't know what the
    hell is going on.

This post just reminded me of something funny. A few weeks ago, hubby and I went bowling. (One of those rare nights when all the kids wanted to spend the night at their grandparents.) There was this group of teenagers there, and this one girl was wearing the really low waisted pants, and thong underwear. I know about the underwear because she failed to wear low rise underwear. They were sticking out over her pants. Honestly, I dont see how she managed to bowl with thongs on anyway, but thats just me.