Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

ok so some of u know that im trying to come off of effexor.

well im following a programme that i found online. It has been going really well actually. much better than the first two time i tried. i a on day 7 now and havent reduced much at all yet - but im slowly increasing the time between doses and using a mixture of tablets and modified release capsules. it all goes on the amount of drug in u body at one time.

Hale - i think i gave u the link to the site too - and anyone else for that matter! - if ur seriously considering coming off effexor and want minimal withdrawal effects then so far this way has been really good for me!!

ems x

Glad it working for you. I am hoping to start at Easter. Am just not ready at the moment - I ran out 2 weeks ago and had to go without for a day which made me really ill. At least if I try at easter i have got two weeks off work and I really want to come off them or be in the process of coming off them for my wedding. Anyway, keep up the good work and keep us posted.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

I am so glad you guys have a program to follow. I was on Effexor for about 2 years. 99-01 I think. And that was before we really knew about withdrawal. Well I lost my insurance at the time and we all know how expensive Effexor is...Needless to say I went through the complete and total withdrawal. I felt like a drug addict that needed to be in recovery. It was HELL. I am so glad to hear you guys are having success in dealing with this. I wish I had known how to go about going off this drug. Good luck to you guys!!

Hugs, Kris

I'm also glad you found a way that works for you to get off that drug. I was on it for 4 months about 3 years ago and had a heck of a time trying to get off of it. The effects lasted so long in my system and I suffered with the dizziness, diarhea, head zaps, all that.... so I'm so happy that you can get off it easier. That's great!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

still going good guys! i think crunch time will be in about a week when i start going almost 36hrs with out any effexor...hmmm.

i do feel very very tired at the moment - not sure if its that or the fact that i have a bit of a cold....

ill keep u posted - if this works then perhaps the link can be made sticky - coz it might help others on this god awful drug.

ems x

I weaned off Effexor XR last year... and it was hell. I
    agree. Just the brain zaps alone (for over a week continuously!!)
    made me wish I'd never started the drug. HOWEVER... it did help
    my depression/SI... I don't think Effexor XR is a bad drug in and of
    itself, but the withdrawal is horrid. Even if you wean off, it's
    still hard. Hope you're doing okay! Just remember, it will
    come to an end. It took about a week and a half for me after my
    last pill, but it's probably different for everyone.