Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Heya,

I havent been around recently - been popping in now and again but i totally missed any posts on u being ill last week - or maybe u didnt post. anyways - my question to u was how do u feel about this now? Just coz i was sick last year and i really think it has helped me! i read your post in the 'cancer' thread and it made so much sense. What are u doing now to help yourself...i just want some ideas coz i really need to get the best out of these v*ing sessions!!

ems
    xx

hey ems - i posted about a week ago, i wont tel u the story again its not that pretty haha [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] in answer to your question, now, i feel great. im doing things that i never would have done because of emet in the last week, being sick the other week has proved that im not scared of it, i just think i am because thats wat ive been telling myself 4 the last 6 years, i know exactly what being sick feels like, and ive learned that i no longer have to associate that with fear, its now just a feeling to me. at the moment i am just doing self talk like charlotte, if u have read her post about the book 'the power of your subconscious mind' u will have seen the techniques in there that really do work, if u havent seen the post id go and find it and give it a read. you will probably benefit a lot from it as u sed being sick last year helped you, if u can remember the feelings and the images from that time u wer sick and just tell yourself 'its a feeling, there is no need to be afraid or associate this feeling with fear'.
    i am also waiting for an appointment thru to do emdr, altho i know how to control my anxiety and the fear surrounding being sick, i still need the support of the emdr to make me stronger and to make sure i dont fall back into my old emet ways!
    i hope this helps u! if u wanna ask me anythin else then fire away!
    ) xxxxxxEdited by: faith-marilyn
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans