Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have to give praise to all of you for being so strong and living with this phobia for so long....I'm 16 and I have just realized that i have it and have been struggling for the last month im just ready to die, i dont understand how you people do it you are so strong....Edited by: baseballplaya12

Hi there Baseball Player, you need to get the help while you are young, reading your other posts it looks as if you have a supportive family and girlfriend. Dont let this get in the way a havong an enjoyable life. Get better while you are young. I am 30 and have 3 kids and I am an absolute nut with my emet, especially in the wintertime.

Yea im starting therapy this week im just really scared about whats going to happen when i go away to college and dont have the supportive family and girlfriend....

I'm 30 and kept this phobia as a secret until a year ago. Don't do what I did and carry this burden that long. Get help in therapy now while you're young, because it's something none of us should have to deal with as long as we have. During college, I was so busy that my emet only came out when I knew someone was sick. Look at all the people on this board who are emets and who are living in dorms and dealing with their emet great, I think youcan be one of those!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

thank you so much you have lifted my spirits a ton

I am also almost sixteen and I know how it feels *major hugs*.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Liz
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

Totally agree with skinnyme and 2jo2. Get help for it now. I am 39 and have been living with this for 30 years.

I'm almost 16 too and for 12 years-- yea i know how you feel. I have this trip comingup wherei have to live ona campus for 10 days without my familyand boy i hope i survive but i'm looking on the bright side.I'm gonna get an experience.^^. I wish you luck with the therapy!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I agree, get the support you need while you are young!!!! I know that I've had this phobia since atleast 7th or 8th grade, (I am almost thirty now!) but I didnt know that it really was a phobia until last summer when I found this website. I personally go through stages where I am really phobic and other times its not so bad. Also, I am not afraid of other people's sickness anymore, I am just afraid of myself catching it if "it" is from something contagious. If I know that it is not contagious, I usually dont freak out anymore. So, I see that as something good and one way that I have changed since becoming an adult. Be glad that you found this site at a young age, so that you can get the help and support you need, I wish that there had been a place like this all those years ago when I was suffereing and had no one to support me who understood.Edited by: jennyleigh1975

i have the same thing im only worried when i can catch it....but now i am starting to think that it would be a good thing for me to catch one of these viruses id flip out and i know that but i feel that after i got sick this phobia would diminish....ive been reading all these stories about how people have been cured of emetophobia and you know what they all say....GETTING SICK ISNT SO BAD....i know its hard but i think thats what we all need to keep pounding into our heads day after day or other thoughts like.....IF THEY CAN DEAL WITH IT THAN SO CAN I.....i started the post at the top this mourning when i was in a stage of panic i woke up crying...but now i am realizing that i can get better and i will do whatever i have to in order to get better

You're really determined and that's good~ I wishI had the will strong enough to say that. Hmm..but are you sure that its right to get sick to be cured? Sage said that shouldnt be, but *shrugs* i really dont knowjust a thought that i remembered. ^_^
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

There was a point in time where this phobia didnt bother me so bad, AND it was after I had been sick. I was pregnant at the time too. I went about a year I guess where I wasnt phobic at all. Then again, I was a busy little moma too. I had a newborn baby and a 20 month old. I wish I could get that way again ..........

Its not that it will cure me for good i just think that it will help me in the process i need to realize that v'ing isnt so bad...i know that if i was to make myself sick which i would never do it would be traumatizing andi would end up worse off probably...but if i am sickfor a reasonthan i think it makes sense....My body is trying to get rid of the stupid virus and this isits reaction to it...I was on a website yesterday that said most people believe that nausea is worse than v'ing...we all know how nausea feels...we expirience it much more than most people so weve already done thefirst part we just needto get ourselves over the hump..all my friends can deal with it they couldn't care less if they got sick and my goal is to be like them...

I don't know about everyone else, but I am not that strong. Yes, I have had this phobia since I was about six, but most of the time it's not severe. It wasONLY a problem when Iwas around someone whowas sick. It only became really bad in the last few years or so, and now I am back to pretty much the way I was before.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

trust me im sooooooooooooo scared of v'ing but i know that thats whats going to help me and i will freak out when the time comes but after i know i will be better because of it....the last time i vd i remember saying to myself "hey, that wasnt that bad" i kinda wish i could get back to that becuase im sure it cant be as bad as we all think its going to be.....i know after it happens ill run into my parents room jumping up and down screaming i did it i did it....but i know that the period before that is going to be hell......

I am 20 and have not v'd since I was about 10 so i have terrible
    anticipation about it. I know just how you feel. You're
    lucky you found this site at your age. In high school my sister
    and I thought we were the only freaks in the world with such a
    problem. When it comes to college you will be fine. i was
    really nervous to come to school but once I got here I settled in and
    made my room home-like and now i'm a sophomore and my room here is just
    as comforting to me as my one is at home.

i don't know if actually getting sick would help me or hurt me but i
    have always envisioned it as making me better. It is just the
    nausea and anticipation beforehand that makes me want to cry just
    thinking about it.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Try to be strong and keep sharing your fears and feelings if it helps-- Welcome to the site, you will find lots of support here.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Thanks so much for youre support ive been having alot of trouble wiht my emet lately and this place has been a lifesaver

I can so understand. I was really bad in my teens and early twenties but when i was pregnant i had such bad sickness that i thought i had it beat but it has come back again gradually getting worse without me even realising.

i think getting sick along with some help is the key....but i am still scared as hell of it to happen....i can say so easily now that i want it to happen...but i know when i start to feel sick i will flip and its scary, but you gotta do waht you gotta do