Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi!

I was just wondering if you people can kiss your boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/ wife or whatever without being worried that you'll catch a bug from them? I've only kissed one person anyway (which may be totally pathetic) but I don't worry about that anymore as to when I was a kid I wouldn't even drink out of thesame cup or bottle with anyone because I would think that they MIGHT already be carrying a stomach bug even though they're not ill yet.

Tiina

I kiss my girlfriend numerous times every day scares the s*** outa me but i know if she gets something and she can deal with it than shell help me through it becuase she understands.....so i think itd be a good idea to find somone who understands and knows what your going through and then you can kiss them whenever you feel comfortable and theyll get it...

I only worry about this when my husband has been sick with the stomach stuff, or if the kid have had it and I am worried about him catching it. Lat time our daughter was sick, he got it too, and I dont think I kissed him for a week!!!! He was getting kinda ticked by the end of the week, but oh well, I have to do what I have to do to cope sometimes .............

i avoid kissing my husband for that rason..and another emet related reason.

I do kiss my husband but not that often...part of it is because I am afraid to catch somthing..

the other part is more serious....i am afraid it will lead to more sexual behavior..and I for more reason other then just emet...cant have sex with my husband..and havent for quite some time. part of it is because i am afraid to get pregnant..even thought I want a baby so bad..i cant risk the morning sickness..or raising a child who could be ill....the other part has to do with pain durring intercourse..but thats a whole other topic...

anyways..yes..i do avoid kissing my husband..and it has helped cause numerous problems in my relationship..

id be interested to know if anyone else out there avoids actually having intercourse for ffear of pregnancy /morning sickness/sick child?
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I have never really worried too much about getting a bug from kissing my boyfriend. If he is sick, he stays at home and deals with it there. If he is with me, something takes over and I look after him, and the panic comes later.

Edited by: sparky2004
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

I only worry about it if I know he is in close contact with someone who is sick. He very rarley gets stomach sick anyways, And i know he would try to keep his distance if he did get sick.

and no, I don't aviod sex because of fear of getting pregnant/morning sickness. I use 2 kinds of protection so its not really a worry, and I know someday it won't keep me from havign a child, although it won't be easy for me either.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I normally don't worry about it, but lately since so many people are
    sick in my area, it does cross my mind. It doesn't keep me from
    kissing him because i would be scared to hurt his feelings, but even if
    he was sick, he wouldn't be contagious until he actually had symptoms,
    right?

kmarie are you on any medication for emet? I am on prozac and it
    has helped me a good bit. my doctor says it is great for phobias
    and panic. you should try talk to your doctor, it seems
    like this is really getting you down right now If you need to
    talk I am here.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

I worry about it, but I feel like it's worth it most of the time. I try to enjoy it and not worry too much.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

i agree crazybeautiful thats how i feel as well i just wish i didnt have this stupid thing on my mind so i could only focus on kissing her instead of both....