Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I hate this, I hate this!!!! goosh, I was doing really well, so I thought. I always new that I had a fear of v*** as well as seening others be sick. But it never affected me at all. I was never afraid of what I ate, or anything.. I would avoid people who were sick, but aside from this I was ok.. Then I had my son, and all of a sudden I started to get panic attacks that something was going to happen to him.( I read alot about SIDS) bad move on my part.. So I freaked out all the time, and would CRY and pray, though my son was fine and Healthy. Then we had a real tragic time in my life, my sister was killed in a motorcylce accident, and my fear ofsomething happening to my son, went away. I was ok for awhile. (Now mindU during all this panic attacks, I was always Nausea, but never feared me being sick, some how I new it was my nerves) then my husband comes home one day and tells me his tummy is upset, this triggered a fear, that I never noticed, and I drove him crazy..Since then I have been afriad of things I never was, and worried about what I ate, and felt sick alot, having anxiety attacks.. but my fear of losing my son to SIDS, somehow went away.. UNTIL last night, I am a IDIOT, I read about all these parents who have lost there loved ones to SIDS, and some of them were my sons age ( 10 months),so Last night I am rocking him to sleep, and start to cry, thinking goosh just what if that happens to me, I was shaking and crying and hugging him.. then I heard Hubby coming, so I had to regain myself.. I did, and feel asleep.. them at 4:45 my son wakes with a fever, and a runny nose.. so naturaly I am a panic Mess.. SO now I am nausea from panicing, and missing my son soo much, I hade to come to wk, (longer story on why, lets just say Boss is not that understanding sometimes) I had a not so nice childhood, and so my desire for a baby was soo strong, that I just fear it will be taken away from me. I am sorry to vent, but no one in my work place would understand why I am a crying and Panicing person right now.. Thanks for letting me vent.. Christy

Oh christy

it's okay. you're a wonderful mother. You shouldn't worry so
    much. don't read stuff about sids anymore darling!!!
    Remember these panic attacks are irrational. we can't go on
    living with "what if's" all the time. It's enough that we worry
    about v* constantly. it just simply isn't living to worry like
    this all the time.

i'm not a mother, so i can't speak from experience and i'm sorry.
    I just wanted to let you know that i hear you and will pray for you

-megan

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

You are a wonderful mother and I have felt some of the same things you have. I dont know how I survived my childrens infant-hood. SIDS scares me to death. I also understand how when something traumatic happens to you, it raises your panic level. I had to have surgery in Aug., a hysterectomy. I am only 29. I dont have any of my "female parts" anymore and I am on hormones. It has been very hard for me to deal with all this sometimes and I panic and worry about things way worse than I ever did before that surgery. I am starting therapy next week. I am hoping to work through some of this.

Christy, we are here for you anytime!!

Sorry to hear about your panic lately. I can relate to being afraid of SIDS. I was so afraid of it for a long time after my last son was born; he is 14 months now. The good thing is, there is a VERY small chance of your son dying of SIDS. Between 0-6 months is the peak time for SIDS, and after that, it is pretty rare. Your son will be fine because of his age. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I understand what it feels like to panic...and I agree about increased panic and anxiety after something traumatic happens. I lost my brother on July 18, 2004, due to a tragic accident also. (drowned in the Missouri river) I am sorry to hear about your sister. If you want to talk about it, I will be here! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Oh Christy how areyou feeling now? Maybe you should make an appt. with your doctor and talk to him. He may have suggestions for you. You are awonderful mother like jennyleigh1975 said. Try to make an appt, it will make you feel better. Being a new mother brings on a lot of anxiety, I was only 19 when I had my first one and I checked on him constantly that is what it is like to be a new mom. My suggestion throw the magazines or books out of your eyesight, nothing is going to happen to your baby, he is a healthy 10 month old. You can PM anytime you want, all ofus are listening ok