Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Early today I got a last minute baby sitting call to go over to our neighbors house and watch their four kids while their mom was at a concert. They're really awesome kids (Ty, who's nine, not annoying like other boys his age, Tucker, she's just turned eight, and is really helpful and fun, Trent, who is five, and a real sweetie, and Tate who just turned two, who is so adorably cute and nice) The only thing is that all of them, except for Ty, were really clingy to me. Tate would run up and rump on into my arms, Tucker would hang onto my leg, and Trent would hide behind me from Ty when they were playing tag. Also, when I ever sat down, those three would have to sit on my lap. Of course I could almost feel all the germs crawling onto me... Anyways, a bit later, when we were all downstairs drawing, I suddenly heard Tucker making the most real getting sick noises I've heard in a long time. I started panicking, but then figured out she was faking. It was because Ty had shown her a picture of an eyeball or something...Anyways, then later on at night, when theyhad all gotten off to bed,I was alreadyworried a bit about other things, since there Mom, Tracy, had said she would be home at about 9pm or so, since it was a school night, but it was11:30then.I kept on thinking she had been in an accident or something, and just then Ty came dashing out of his room. I thought he was about to get sick. It turned out he had just forgotten to do a bit of his homework, and he needed to finish it up then.

There mom ended getting back at about 12:15, and although none of them got sick while I was there, I still feel very contaminated...
    -Anna

I'm glad you made it through the night with out any problems. I know the feeling you had tonight when you babysit. When I watch my boyfriends nephews, I am constantly worring what type of germs they have. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids, but I always wonder where have those hands been. I also get nervous like you when they make certain noises. Like if one starts having a coughing fit or something, and I always ask then are you ok? Are you going to be sick? They must think I'm nuts. Bust just remember, you made it through the night with no incidents, and you can feel better now that is all over.

You think babysitting is bad, I have two of my own children, and I use to share a room with both of them. My son talks in his sleep and groans and mumbles. Some nights I would lay awake and listen to him grumbling and groaning in absolute panic......of course I'm not saying you're night was any less stressful tho don't get me wrong. Just saying I COMPLETELY understand.

Heh, sharing rooms is not fun at all. My brother and I used to, and he would make all sorts of noises, wake up in the night, and wet the bed. Every time he turned on his matress, I'd think he was about to get sick.
    -Anna