Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: most effective method to control phobia?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • medicine (zoloft, prozac, etc.) - specify

8 22.22%
  • natural remedies

1 2.78%
  • therapy

1 2.78%
  • meditation/calming techniques

15 41.67%
  • this website/other emets stories

6 16.67%
  • other - specify

5 13.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.

i just thought that maybe we could get reassurance and ideas by hearing how other people have found best helps them.

for me it really has been by talking to other emets. this website has helped immensely, and talking to other people who i found out had the same problem. it helps so much to know you're not the only one. at first it was really hard to talk about things, digging up painful memories and stuff, but now it's gotten so much easier and has been a real outlet for me.
    -<-(@
    Kira
    -<-(@

Honestly, I put other, because even though I am in therapy at the moment, I have mostly learned to control my emet on my own. And it's really not a matter of "controlling" it for me. Rather, it's a matter of "letting go" and not fighting it anymore. I just allow myself to be afraid and don't fight it. The more I do that, the less the phobia controls my life, the less fear I feel.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Definately meditation! It's like your mind is out of panic, and in a different place....then your fear subsides! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Spring is here!

I put medication, but not the daily meds, the 30 minutes and your flying meds....Ativan....God love those little pills.

I put this website/other emet stories cause even though it dosnt make my anxiety/fear any easier, knowing that your not completly on your own and that others are feeling the exact same way makes it easier to accept the phobia

Klonopin or valium

I dont use anything to "control" my emet, iv fought it so much its barely there anymore!

However I used to use Bach's Rescue Remedy and simple breathing techiniques. I've never been on medication for it, or had therapy.

Rachel x x x
    <center><font size=\"2\"><font color=BLACK> If you\'re going through hell... keep on going... </font></font></center>

sweetfreak you're right. i think the biggest key is just letting go. because it's all about control. and you can't control it and it's really hard to admit that. talking to people has really helped me let go...at least a little bit!
    -&lt;-(@
    Kira
    -&lt;-(@

I said meds b/c i do take prozac
    however, i think what helps me the most is myself and you guys. I do some calming exercises of my own and getting on here and you guys talking me out of panic attacks helps a LOT.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

-megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I'm on a high dose of Celexa and I also have Ativan that I take just about every day for anxiety. I hate to think of where I would be without the antidepressant. It pulled me out of a deep depression because of my emet. I control my emet mostly with that. It also helps to come on this site and talk about things.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I have found out, that I can reduce my anxiety by atleast 50% by just coming onto all these forums and reading the advice and posts of all you lovely people. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I've tried in vain to use meds to fight nausea, and lots of different stuff to help me stop panicking..but the most effective method upto date, is this website..purely for the fact that I feel so much more reassured after logging on, and realising that there are lots of us suffering from the same things..damned emet!
    Using this site, gives me the confidence that some day.. we will be much better off with our emet.

Meds..used to be on Ativan, but developed a tolerance to it so I got moved to Klonopin. And meditation does help as well....so both really.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

After 10 years of searching and 20 different therapists/psychologists/psychiatrists and what not, I finally found a competent person to help me out with this issue. I see my clinical psychologist once a week. I use relaxation techniques and meditation. I am on a small dose of medication ( I think this happened because I answered on my psychiatric evaluation that I belileve in ghosts Don't tell them you believe in ghosts... these are scientists, after all. lesson learned I also try to work out about 20 min. every morning to burn away some of that nervous energy.

i said other because i do a number of things....I began seeing a therapist yesterday...He was really good hopefully i got lucky and found a great one the first time....i also do meditation...and i am on a small dose of medicine as well.
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123