Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Near freaking!

OK, so I need someone to tell me I'm freaking out for nothing lol or any reassurance will do really. OK so I felt a little icky after eating ice cream and then i put it in the freezr had to go to the bathroom (normal) and was hungry so finished the ice cream. Well my friend called and I tlaked for a while then had to go again but this time it was the runs! So i thought maybe that was it but then i went againa dn now I'm worried cuz I had company from Wed. night til this morning and she said Monday she had dinner w/ friend but ti was supposed to be the day b4 but the friend was sick. She didn't say what kind of sick but still. So now if she was around her Mon and is a carrier for 3 days (til Thurs) and I've been around her since Wed then three days from Thurs is tomorrow so what if I have it?! I need mental help. Please soemone tell me something lol Thanks!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

How are you feeling now, Simply?? Are you feeling okay but with loose stools or are you feeling sick?? I recently learned that there is a difference between diarrhea (sickness) and just having loose stools, say from eating too much or too much fruit, etc.

Just remember, even if you are sick, you could just have a case of the runs--I've been getting them frequently lately and I don't know why!

I actually have been feelign hungry lol and sick but I'm not sure lol. what really freaks me out is that a few years ago I had a diarrhea thing and truly almost got sick, not one of those "i'm panicking and gonna do it" but the for real could happen so now i'm worried. thanks for your reply!
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

aww hunn im sure most of it is anxiety. I know when im sick, my stools
    run a lil loose. here's a trick: think of steak, potatoes, fries,
    whatever your favourite food is. If you feel like eating it or its even
    a bit appealing, its not your stomach, you can feel nausea from your
    intestines, gas, and anxiety.

hope your feeling better hun!

correction here:

I know when im ANXIOUS (not sick) my stools run a lil loose.

sry for that!!

How are you doing now? Sorry you're not feeling well. I know for me, and this is weird so it totally could just be me, but I think on the weekends, my schedule is different and I seem to go alot more on the weekends. Could that be it? That maybe with your company you had, your schedule got messed up and now that it's just you and things are back to "normal" that your body is all messed up? I don't know if that made sense or not.... I hope you're doing ok! I doubt it could be from your friend having lunch with the other friend, becuase I think for her to be contagious, she'd have to have symptoms. I don't know! Let us know how you are!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I know this maybe left field but since you said it was ice cream, is there a chance of lactose intolerance?

If not, then I would say anxiety...when I get scared I tend to get like that. I am also a borderline diabetic and if my blood sugar gets too high...wham I get the runs.

Sunshine gave great advice....think of your favorite food, if it still sounds good, you're not sick.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

Thank you so much you guys! I'm fine today in fact yesterday it was only those two time really but you know the emet mind, just run w/ it! I had rememebred that I went to breakfast and had an ice water and only took two sips but it was NASTY tasting, like really gross tap water so i dont' know if that did it or like you guys said anxiety build up or even cuz I had pizza for lunch lol and then the ice cream a couple hours later my body may have just said "PFT" I did have a stressful weekend last weekend so maybe my body finally got to relax a little and went haywire. I don't know. I do know you guys are the bestest ever!

PS thanks again mary for tlaking to me!
    Benjamin Franklin

No problem! That's what friends are for!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I'm glad you're feeling better, Simply!!! I've been having that feeling you were describing, too can't tell if you're hungry or sick!! I hate that, I usually just end up eating anyway!

thanks Donna. Yeah I ate normal today, i mean i didn't eat anything spicy, etc but i had my 3 meals and I snacked so... I hope you feel better too!
    Benjamin Franklin