Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: THE GREATEST

everyone....i have found the greatest thing in the world to eat...ready for it???

Ramen noodles!! haha just thought i would let you know!! it's great for your tummy cause its fulling but not heavy you know...i love it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, but......most ramen has msg in it and for some of us who fear we may be allergic......what if I get sick from all the msg????

I personally don't like Ramen noodles. They always make me feel nauseous and full after I eat them.

well hmm....they are one of the few things that dont really bother my stomach

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ughhh... I'm with michelledenise!!Ramen makes me so nauseous!! I don't know why. I used to be able to eat it, but now, even the way it smells makes me want to v*. But everyone has their favorites! My little sister loves ramen.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

I actually like Ramen, and i dont know why, maybe i'm too lazy to cook or i'm an obsessed anime freak that loves almostanything related in the slightest way to japan haha..

Totally unrelated to this threadbut: ooooh its Gaara!! lol I love your sig! and Avatar! haha Sanosuke! Oh yea on your sig, it says "I Love.." I cant read the last character ^-^;;Edited by: wing
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Love ramen, and when you are a poor college student I learned you could live for weeks on a couple bucks.

Cassie...trust me if you were allergic to MSG you would know it....MSG is in almost everything from Ramen to doritos to soups....its in tons of things. I have a friend who is allergic to it, you would be surprised what MSG all in....since its a preservative it is widely used.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

Since we are on the topic of MSG, I am just curious...what is it really?? The reason I ask, is because my husband can't eat tenderizer at all. If he has meat from a restaurant that puts tenderizer on his steak, (or any other meat) then about about a half hour or so later, he gets bad cramps, gurgling, and diarrhea. He will only go to the BR one time, but man, that tenderizer really affects him! Now, I think he is under the impression that tenderizer is MSG?? I have no idea...lol, but I would sure love to know what is in tenderizer that tears him up so bad!??[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Found this on the web for you guys...and for the record, I still support ramen noodles.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Monosodium glutamate (MSG)is classified as a food additive and regulations are in place to determine how and when it can be added to foods. Typically, monosodium glutamate is added to savoury prepared and processed foods such as frozen foods, spice mixes, canned and dry soups, salad dressings and meat or fish-based products. In some countries, it is used as a table-top seasoning.

Reactions to MSG are:
    <LI>Severe headache
    <LI>Throbbing headache
    <LI>Feeling of head expanding and contracting
    <LI>Dizziness
    <LI>Pin-prick sensations
    <LI>Jaw tightness
    <LI>Throat tightness
    <LI>Upper back tightness </LI>

as for my friend who has it, its almost like peanut allergy or bee sting allergy, it leads to anaphalacic shock if untreated, and makes your throat swell.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

I was going to say what Abbey said--MSG is in EVERYTHING!!!!!! If you eat any prepackaged foods--you're eating MSG.

Oh yes, I am well aware of how many foods contain MSG. My symptoms from the allergy depend on how much MSG is in the food. The biggest culprit is Chinese food. Even though the restaurants all say they don't add MSG to thier recipes, they use pre-made sauces in some dishes. The sauces most of the time have MSG in them! After I eat something with it in it, I start getting this weird dull ache in my shoulders, that I can feel work it's way down to my fingers. That takes about 1/2 hour. Then I feel naseous and headachy for about 1 hour. If I eat something with just a little MSG like say Cheetos, I don't feel anything. But over the last year I have sworn off all foods like Cheetos because I am afraid they will make me sick. But yes, MSG is in a ton of foods!

haha Wing i agree with you...i think my love of Ramen dose have somthin to do with my anime obsession also(i LOVE Gaara lol) so go us for loving anime so much we wanna eat it--&gt;if that makes any sense haha...oh is youravatar a DN Angel thing, i cant really tell....

lol my avatar is Syaoran Li from Cardcaptor Sakura ^_^ I &lt;3 Syaoran so much haha. I like Gaara but i think i like Sasuke a little more for some really odd reason lol. I am taking a japanese course in school haha that's how obsessed i am.

Rice is good, too...it expands in your stomach and fills you up without weighing you down.

Rice can get tiring after awhile when its a staple in your house. ^^ Its almost always rice with something for dinner. ehehe..

What are ramen noodles???

Ramen is really cheap noodles that come in little packs...all you have
    to do is add water to them and heat them up. There are different
    flavors. My brother loves them, my sister likes them, and I hate
    them. Not sure why

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

I love Ramen noodles too! The chicken flavor is my favorite. But I have to break them up a lot before I cook them, because I hate eating long noodles, they make me gag. You might also know them as oodles of noodles, thats what i called them when i was younger. I also love the ones that come in the cup, cup of noodles. Those are good too. Ramen is cheap, I think like .33 cents or something. Good if you're short on cash.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

nothing beats noodles for a uni student living here in oz!! anyone here from australia that loves mi goreng? I DOOOO!!!