Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

....my psychiatrist wants to change my meds from Citalopram as I am having periods of nausea that are lasting days at a time - has anyone any experience of these?
    Sarah :0)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Sarah!

I've been on both Efexor (venlafaxine) and Zyprexa (olanzapine) at some point and I didn't like the way Efexor made me feel mentally and the problem with Zyprexa for me was that it increased my appetite and I really didn't need that since I already binge. Sorry if this is discouraging. By the way what do you need Zyprexa for? It's an anti-psychotic and thus a strong med. Not that it's any of my business but I'm just wondering why you would need an anti-psychotic since you aren't on one now.

Tiina

Hey... I've used Effexor twice. The first time I used it (back in like 2001)for a total of about 5 months, and it definitely did its job. I took it with Remeron though. No side effects or anything like that. Then they tried to get me back on it back in July 2004, it made me feel like I was on some kind of crazy stimulant drug, yet at the same time it made me feel exhausted, dizzy and REALLY nauseated. I couldn't even walk. So I only took it twice before I said "Screw this!!" and they put me on Lexapro, which made me feel suicidal. So now I'm on nothing, and I bet they're going to be putting me back on something soon. But anyway, Effexor worked really well the firs time. So hopefully it will for you!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

As for the Zyprexa... like tiina said, that's a very strong antipsychotic. Is there a specific reason they want you on that drug??

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

....olanzapine can also be used as an anti-anxiety to reduce anxiety and aggitation (sp?) I've jut been and got the new meds and have taken my first Olanzapine which is an extremely low dose of 2.5mg.

I have to reduce my Citalopram gradually for a week before starting 37.5mg of Venlafaxine (Effexor) + Citalopram for a further week, then drop the Citalopram and take 75mg of Effexor XL (which is a sustained release tablet and(hopefully) less likely to cause nausea).
    Sarah :0)

hey sarah
    i have been on effexor for nearly three years now. i was on 75mg of effexor x - then on the 75mg tablets and went up to 150mg capsules for a bit. the dose increase didnt effect me at all. when i started effexor i felt quite nauseas for about 3 days i guess. i wasnt sick though - i just felt yuck. it was bearable tho and worth it coz my life has turned around since going on effexor. it has changed the way i react and think about emet and v*ing - im still scared but it doesnt consume my life like before and has stopped any ocd tendencies.

one word of warning - and i dont know whoit was for the others, but like many of these drus, withdrawal can be pretty awful. ive tried twice to come off of effexor and just cant - a - coz the advice 3 doctors gave me was crap and b due to their methods i felt AWFUL - honestly it was terrible nausea and i cldnt even move - felt like the world was spinning.

BUT and please read the BUT!!! i have been following a strict 60 day coming off of effexor plan which i downloaded online. this has been working well and combines the tablets at 37.5 mg and cpasule at 75mg - as both have different release times and half lifes.

basically - its wort reading up first, knowing the pros and cons - coz i guess there will be cons for all. email me at [email protected] (or add to msn!) and ill be happy to tell u more!

ems xx