Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FED UP!!!

OKAY--I can't take it anymore!!!! As soon as we get rid of the Norwalk virus, there is a new one taking it's place, and it is lasting FOREVER. A friend of mine from church just emailed me to tell me that her 2 yr. old daughter has had it for FOUR days and then last night her 5 yr. old son caught it last night, all she said was "lots of loss of bodily fluids"--this doesn't sound good at all. More quarantining of my children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the way these viruses go around! As soon as one person gets rid of it, another person you know gets it! it's like there's no getting away from it. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]There's one going around the school that i go to for theatre, and i get so anxious everytime im in the building, and as much as i'd like to stay at home away from the sick people, i have to go to the lessons! Ok i'm babbling! lol anyways, i hope you and your family stay safe!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, Donna, it looks like it is hitting your area hard too. From what I hear, it is going around here pretty bad too. I hope that you children will be ok. I know what you mean a quaratining your children, I am doing the same. I swear, I am not leaving this house with my children until this stuff dies down to nothing. Hopefully that will be soon!!!! I hope you and your fmaily stay well!!!!

Ohwow!! There is nothing worse than hearing that someone has the stomach flu! Just thinking about it makes me feel anxious. There have been alot of virus's around where you live Donna. The only stomach flu's that I have heard of around here is my neighbours, one beside me and the other friend downstairs, I took the lysol and sprayed everywhere and everything in the hallway, including tenants door knobs. I think I could be a bear and hibernate all winter long!!

LOL
    we have had it really bad here at my school too. It has been awful like in my dorm and everything. They are just now finally getting over it..so i am letting myself eat real food and stuff again. ugghh it's so frustrating
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

Where do these things keep coming from!? how do they get created?

BETHANY!!!!! How long did it take for things to die down in your area? Did you manage to escape getting it?

Well Donna I spoke to soon about the flu!. My boyfriend is here in MY bed sick[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]. He said that when he was atwork, he was driving the truck and he just started feeling hot, so hot he felt sick! He pulled over but he wasn't sick, he said he has nothing in his belly to throw anything up! He said the idiot (I am changing his wording) who he drives with was sick days before. So anyways he has a fever, his bones are aching, he sounds stuffed up, no sore throat as of yet. OK WHAT THE HELL DOES HE HAVE???? [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]I know where I am sleeping tonight, my pal the couch!!! Help!!!!!!!

That sounds like the flu....and I mean the real flu, no v* just the upper respiratory, achey, tired, crappy feel like you want to die flu.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

I agree, that sounds like influenza. That is usually how the flu starts. My mother in law had it last week, and that is exactly how she started. She never "V" though. She was pretty down with it for about 3 days though. She started on a Tues and didnt go back to work the rest of the week. She was feeling much better by Thurs. afternoon, but her boss TOLD her to not come in ........ they surely didnt need her there spreading around her funk to other co-workers, much less her clients.

Id stay away from him as much as possible. My father in law has it now though. He was just asking for it though, he drank after my mother in law while she was sick.

I hope he gets to feeling better soon. I hope that you will be ok too!!

I agree too, sounds like the flu, and he sounds like me, if I feel too hot, I feel NAUSEOUS and totally feel as though I will do the deed!!

Oh crap, does it mean that I will get it because I kissed him???? Today is Wednesday, we had relations (you know) on Sunday. I kissed him everyday so far. Am I doomed? I am sleeping on thecouch screw this!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Well I shouldn't have gone to the CDC site b/c I just read something I didn't want to read:
    <H1>Be Aware of Common Flu Symptoms</H1>

The flu usually starts suddenly and may include these symptoms:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
    <T>
    <TR vAlign=top>
    <TD noWrap>
    <UL>
    <LI>Fever (usually high)
    <LI>Headache
    <LI>Tiredness (can be extreme)
    <LI>Cough
    <LI>Sore throat </LI>[/list]</TD>
    <TD>
    <UL>
    <LI>Runny or stuffy nose
    <LI>Body aches
    <LI>Diarrhea and vomiting also can occur but are more common in children. </LI>[/list]</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <H1>Know How the Flu Spreads</H1>

The flu spreads in respiratory droplets from coughing and sneezing. It usually spreads from person to person, though occasionally a person may become infected by touching something with virus on it and then touching their mouth or nose.

Adults may be able to infect others 1 day before getting symptoms and up to 7 days after getting sick. So it is possible to give someone the flu before you know you’re sick as well as while you are sick.

well that has just made my night! He has 5 of those symptoms! Maybe I should just get the couch ready for a week!

jennyleigh--

i thought i'd respond on behalf of my sister (bethany) cause I don't know if she'll get online soon. I'd say that the virus was really bad around here for about....hmm I'd say 2 weeks. It seemed like every time we walked out the door we would hear of someone getting sick. Now, it seems like that has died down a little, and influenza is going around instead.

We have both avoided catching it so far. Of course we wash our hands frequently. We carry little bottles of hand sanitizer gel in our purses and backpacks so that if we're ever in a situation where we need to touch our face (like to blow our nose, scratch an itch on our forehead, whatever) we can sanitize our hands first. We've both been trying to discipline ourselves not to touch our faces unless our hands have just been cleaned. Of course we've taken extra precautions to avoid our acquaintances who've been sick, up to 72 hours from their last symptom. meg at one point literally had to move out of her house and come live with me in my dorm for about a week. j

I know how you feel donna, we all do! It's so damn frustrating to hear about it ALL THE TIME! just keep doing your usual germ avoidance routine, don't touch your face, etc. You will be fine!

thinking of you all

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Ugh...that stupid bug is going around my area too. My coworker came to
    work on Monday for a few hours and she was sick with it. She got it off
    her husband. I told her to come home and not come back until the s*
    had stopped and the nausea. This has been going on for 4 days!!! At
    least with Norwalk it's only 24 hours..but this is 4 days long!!!

Everyone I've spoken to who has had it said that they vomited the first
    day and then just crapped their brains out for the next 4. Fortunately the
    people at my work are pretty kind and stay home when they have that
    kind of stomach bug. I'm hoping that God will be sympathetic on me and
    allow it to pass me this time around because I was SO sick with the flu a
    few weeks ago.

So, this brings up my question. My coworker was in work for a few hours
    but only near me for 1/2 an hour (she sits right behind me in an uncubed
    area!). As soon as she left we lysoled the crap out of her office area and
    my office space, too. So, do you think I was able to avoid it this time
    around? This was Monday morning and it's now Wednesday night. Any
    advice would be great!!!

Also, how long can a germ live on the surface? She hasn't been in since
    Monday and we lysoled the area so do you think that between the time
    and lysol we managed to kill most of the germs??

Thanks so much and goodluck Donna. I can certainly sympathesize!!!
    Peace,
    Allyson

\"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains And we never even know we have the key\"

\"We are all just prisoners here of our own device\"

Well, I am guessing that it started here last week. I am just assuming that because the child that "V" at my house on Mon. got it from a cousin that was sick on Sat. So, again, I am assuming that she got it end of last week. Maybe, just MAYBE, it will start dying down now, MAYBE the worst is over. I think that the worst time of the year for this stuff is the last two weeks of Jan. and the first two weeks of Feb. Looking back over the past few years, this has been when time when all this mess was in our area the worst.

allyryder-a few weeks ago, did you have the stomach virus or influenza? I dont' think there's any way there are still germs in your office area from her. Didn't someone post on here that germs only stay on surfaces about 3 hours? I think that's about how long. Just being near her would not have exposed you to the virus. As long as you kept your hands clean and didn't touch your face, you will be fine!

HOpe you and donna are feeling better!

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Rhonda,
    How is your boyfriend today??

In my bed sick!! He has to be really sick to miss work! I don't like it at all!! Have to go out and buy more lysol! I think I amdoomed[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]like couples we kissed and if he is contagious before this hit him which he likely was what are my chances of getting this freakin flu? I asked him this morning if he is going to work and he said no, I was hoping yes so I can wash my sheets, I asked how he is? and he said not good. I asked the dreaded question did you puke?? He said to me no I tried. What the hell does that mean, I tried? I don't know, hestill has a high fever, aching all over I think his nose his stuffed, I certainly wasn't going to get that close to him.I slept on the couch!

He tried?? WHY?? If you just have the normal flu? Maybe he had sinus drainage in his stomach making him feel sick!

The guy who he drives with was sick with the high fever, achy all over, just feeling drained, I have no idea if he was puking, and I am dreading of asking was he puking? I want to know and I don't.

Maybe he felt sick tried and there was nothing to bring up. He is still sleeping but if I hear any signs of movement I will ask the question. I am spraying everything trying not to gag myself, I used the phone this morning and then after I thought oh crap, he is used the phone early this morning to let the guy he isn't coming in today so I sprayed the phone. Thank god I have coupons for lysol, I am going to ask him for his bank card to graba few cans. This is nuts!!! What kind of flu does he have? Influenza or the freaking stomach virus?

Thanks Donna.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I am still freaking out about this bug, Haley was in the nursery with my friend's daughter on Sunday--apparently the day she got sick. My friend emailed me again, and she is SOOOO not an emet, and even she said she can't imagine feeling as badly as her kids feel!!!! AHHHHH!!!! More quarantining of the kids, which sucks because today is supposed to be 60 degrees!!! Stupid ground hogs, why can't winter just end???

This is nuts!!! Someone asked a question, where do these virus's come from or something like that????? Wouldn't these virus's be more contained if people would have the brains to stay home when they are ill?! When they are out, they spread the virus and there you go it goes round and round!!

Well for the next 3-4 days I will be living off my tea, water, rice cakes and crackers! I couldn't take it anymore and took a bonamine for my stomach. I hope I feel ok for the dentist appt. at 6:50 tonight, all he is doing is looking at my infected tooth, but still I am scared that I will start to feel sick and leave the chair.

I think the reason that these viruses spread so much is because people don't stay home when they are sick or still contagious. Also, I think that most people do not have fabulous hygiene. In my office, it seems like the same people are pretty much guaranteed to catch the latest sv. Lack of education (or caring), I guess.

It is spooky because it seems like there are always a couple sv's floating around. But even non-emets admit that it is a lousy way to spend 4 days, so why hasn't a vaccine been developed yet? I mean just look at the "man hours" lost due to a sv. Sometimes, it can go through entire families, so you're talking about a week or two just dealing with one virus. I know I am phobic, but it seems like even non-emets should see this as a real problem.

Anyway, Ontariogirl, my thoughts are with you!

I do think that many non-emets feel grossed out by sv's. In fact,
    a little girl in my daughter's class had it when the whole school was
    hit with it before Christmas, had it again two days ago and landed in
    the hospital. Her sister also got it pretty bad. This is no
    fun by any means. I agree, a vaccine is in order - NOW!!!

I just spoke with my mother and she rarely saw sickness when we were
    kids the way we see it now. She said that sv's went around for
    about ten days once a year between x-mas and New Year's. Then
    February was the peak of respiratory influenza and then the spring
    brought Chicken Pox. Now it seems as though sickness is a steady
    stream from October to April. I personally think this is because
    so many parents work and send their kids to school sick or two soon
    after being sick.

My daughter started with influenze on Saturday. She had high
    fever and a cough. I waited 60 hours after her fever became
    normal before I sent her to school which was today. I also told
    her teacher no PE until next week and I cut out her weekend activities
    for her this weekend - no karate or basketball. I don't want her
    to relapse. When I called her karate teacher, he was po'd that I
    was not sending her to class. He could not understand why I
    wanted her to wait a week.

Okay, I am getting on a soapbox - better shut up.

Stella

I feel as though I exposed all of us tonight, my friend Amanda and her mom invited us to go to Cici's (pizza buffet) for dinner, so we went, well they let their kids go into the game room and I had told my kids not to go in, because it was one of the elementary school's pizza nights there and all of those kids were playing in there, but they were so miserable I had to let them go in with their friends. I also hate touching the pizza servers because everyone eats and then goes and gets more pizza! I put hand gel on the first time after I got pizza, I was hoping it was still active the 2nd time, then I put more on later, then when the girls were done playing, I put hand gel on them. I just can't control them touching the germy viseo games and then touching their faces!!!!!! I hate it when I feel neurotic like this, it's just that I can't stop thinking about it!!!!

I hear you! I am always telling Ty to wash his hands and using the sanitizer. He looked at me today and said mom you are a germaphob! (I don't know how to spell that). So he is on to me!. I can't wait until he gets that cast off and properly wash one hand. I look at it this way, you are taught to wash your hands, we are justreinforcing it! My hands are so crack and dryb/cof constantly washing them and putting sanitizer on them. They are starting to become really sore.

I know we all hate this phobia...But I have to say I am so glad that I am not alone in the way I think!!

Stella9 - you said it well girl! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Donna, I hope your kids will be ok. I mean hey, we cant keep ourselves locked up all the time. Im sure you were careful to keep their hands clean and maybe no one there was coming down with anything. Your friend, how are her kids? Yours probally had the most contact with her kids.