Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everyone - I just needed something to do, to relax and feel a little less lonely. I'm really thankful for this website right now because it's the only place where people have been listening to me lately. And now it's after 3am and I can't make myself go to sleep, so you're all just going to have to listen to me again!

It's really not my emet keeping me up this time, but it IS anxiety and depression. I graduated from college in May, and I've felt so lonely ever since. I don't have too many friends around here since they all moved away, and one of my best friends just told me she's moving to Florida (I live in Ohio). My boyfriend lives an hour and a half from me so I don't even get to see him too much. Also, we've been having problems for months now and I have no one to talk to about it. I feel like I'm losing him too, and it's all my fault (LOOOONG story). God, this all sounds so depressing when I see it all written down.

I've spent the past few weeks just staying up all night and sleeping all day. I slept until 3pm today. And the longer I sleep in every day, the harder it makes going to bed every night. When I do lie down to go to sleep, I just lie there in the dark either getting so anxious that I have a panic attack or so depressed that I cry myself to sleep. I feel like I have no one to talk to about this, because everyone is just so sick of hearing me be upset about one thing or another. My parents are the ones I usually call when I have panic attacks in the middle of the night, but now when I call they answer the phone "Hi Kira, we knew it would be you". I hate people thinking of me as just this person who gets so upset all the time, and expecting me to be down about something. I want to get out of this slump so badly.

Sorry this is so long, but once I start typing, it just all comes out. Thanks for taking the time to read all this.
    -<-(@
    Kira
    -<-(@

Hi Kira,

I'm sorry that you're feeling like this. It sounds as if you've got yourself into a rut and you can't drag yourself out of it. Depression and anxiety is extremely emotionally draining.

Do you mind if I ask? Have you had any thoughts about getting a job since you graduated from college? Maybe you can't work, I don't know, but it sounds to me as if you need something in your life to occupy your mind. If I have to take even a day off work due to illness I feel so depressed by the end of the day just because I've had nobody to talk to all day and everyone else is out at work getting on with their lives, while I've been sitting there lonely.Having a purpose to each day also stops you from sleeping too much, and gives you a reason to leave the house. Most of all allows you to meet people and make new friends so you can be less worried about your other friends moving away. If you're not careful they'll all be moving on with their lives and leaving you behind, but it doesn't have to be that way for you. It's all about taking small steps towards your goal, maybe you can't work for whatever reason, but is there something else you can do? Maybe you're creative, maybe you can spend time during the day making things that could be eventually used towards starting a small business? Are you musical? Do you like going to the gym? Why don't you set yourself the goal of trying one new thing each day and gradually building up to bigger things? The key to beating depression is by starting to take a pride in something you've achieved rather than dwelling on how useless you feel....

Like I said, depression is really draining so you just feel like you've got no energy to go out and do anything, believe me I know because I've been there, but the only way to start feeling better about yourself is to take a grip on it and to start making those small steps towards hauling yourself out of the rut that you're stuck in at the moment.

Keep talking, we're here for you. Take care.

Thanks a lot. The advice you gave me is exactly what i need to do. I had a job for a while, but I quit because I'm an actress and got a movie role. Now that the movie is finished, I really should find another job, but I've been putting it off. I wish I could do acting as my full time job, but it just doesn't pay the bills. However, it does get me out of the house a lot for auditions.

I like the idea of trying a new thing every day. It will give me a purpose to get out of bed and then hopefully fall asleep at night!

Thanks again for caring!
    -<-(@
    Kira
    -<-(@

HI Kira. I don't know what to say, but I wanted to say that my dog's name is Kira.I love that name. I'm from Ohio, too.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

sydoz and mystikal-- my sister (bethany) and I are from ohio too

Sydoz-- I agree that you should look for a fun part time job for
    between your acting jobs...maybe at a mall or something like
    that. You could also volunteer your time somewhere. I spent
    a day last month at a soup kitchen and the people there were so
    appreciative that it really made me feel purposeful.

oh, something else to definitely try....get a Yoga tape or DVD.
    It is wonderful. My problem with it is that I never have enough
    time to myself to do it. If you spend a lot of time by yourself,
    you should defintely try it. It's very calming and good for
    you.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Thanks so much for your advice. It really helps to have people care. I've been feeling a lot better since I posted that. I've been forcing myself to get out and do something instead of just feeling bad about things.

Where in Ohio are you guys from? I'm from Cincinnati.

And mystikal, your dog is lucky to have such an awesome name! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: sydoz
    -&lt;-(@
    Kira
    -&lt;-(@

I am glad you are feeling better. It really does help to get out and do things. I have been really depressed lately too, so I went and got my hair cut, andI feel so much better about myself! Glad to hear you are doing well, and remember we are always here for you!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

I hate not being able to sleep from anxiety/depression/emet. The only way I can fall asleep is w/ the tv on, would that help maybe? or the radio? then you can even put it on a timer and you dont' have to just lie there and listen to all the thoughts that run thru your head as you try to sleep. It helps me anyhow. I hope this helps!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, sometimes I watch TV to help me fall asleep. But sometimes that keeps me up longer because I get into the programs. It does ease the anxiety a lot though, and makes it easier to relax.
    -&lt;-(@
    Kira
    -&lt;-(@