Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Weird question?

Here's a weird question, maybe I am just crazy, but does anyone fear germs so much that when they eat lets say a cracker, you sometimes don't eat the corner yours fingers touched just because you don't know what germs could be on them?

Maybe I'm just weird, but I just wonder if anyone else does this.

I do that sometimes too, not so much when i am home because i wash my hands thoroughly first, but once when i bought a bag of fries i had no wipes so i picked each chip up and ate each chip except for the bit where i had been holding it.

Just wondering, do you have ocd. I do and Ive always wondered whether this is because of my ocd, my emet or just an interaction of the 2.

I guess I really don't know if I have ocd, never thought about it, or been diagnosised with it. I don't do this at home, but usually when I haven't been able to wash my hands before I eat.

Haha! OMG. My mom makes fun of me for this. Actually my whole family does. I never eat any part of any kind of food thatI touch. I eat a hamburger with a fork because I won't eat the parts of I've touched and with a hamburger a person pretty much has to touch the whole thing. It's funny because after I'm done eating french fries there is a pile of fry tips on the table. Everyone laughs. So my mom grabs them and eats them. Shes gross. LOL.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I've been trying VERY VERY VERY hard not to do that. I SO badly want to but i know if i just allow myself to do that then i'll make things worse, but i do fear germs SOOOOO much. My lil sis has a cold now and she asked me "Can you give me a hug..?" Omg..I feel so bad! =( I'm afraid to hug her..
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

LOLOL!!! I don't think I do this anymore, but I used to do that all the time!!!! I used to leave halves of french fries and such! I did that only when I went out to eat somewhere. I would eat my burger by holding it with a napkin. LOL...You are not alone! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I do this when I'm out eating and I don't have a fork,I will not eat whatever touched my fingers. I also started eating grilled cheese in a restaurant with a fork and knife. People always look at me funny!![img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Only when I feel that my hands aren't as clean as they should be!

Yes! I totally do that! It's so comforting to know there are others out there!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Yes, I too, do this. Something else I do too, if I have been out say, shopping or something (actually I do this all the time) and I stop and get a drink, I unwrap the straw as far down as I can, then hold onto the tip where the last piece of paper is and then stick it in my drink, so my hands dont touch it.

Lol, I do the same thing! I also make my boyfriend wash his hands everytime give me something to eat. He gets annoyed, but I just look at how sometimes he will go grocery shopping, touch the cart, then eat something with his hands. It makes me absolutly sick!